Geno on Olivia | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno on Olivia

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
To be fair though it was Olivia sister in law Dearica Hamby that compared Olivia to CP not the press.
I thinkDerica knows what she is talking about:

Freshman Olivia Nelson-Ododa Looking to Make History at UConn

Hamby, meanwhile, didn’t hold back in her praise or her comparisons to players in the WNBA.
“She can handle the ball, she can post up. She is super athletic, she can jump obviously, she can defend, she can run, she can shoot and do just about everything,” she told the New Haven Register. “The players who do that at this level are superstars — (Elena) Delle Donne, Candace (Parker) ... I think I would compare her to those types of players.”

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Smart, poised and well spoken. Man I like this kid.

Yeah, me too. Just wait until she figures things out!! :) As we get closer to the beginning of the season, we can look closer at each game on the preseason schedule to see who Liv may be going up against. We know Baylor and Notre Dame for sure will have a quality post player on the floor at all times. Those two games could prove to be very "teachable/learning" games for her. The others, I'm not sure about.

There are several schools on the OOC calendar that probably do not have a dominate post player. We can look more closely at team rosters as each game approaches. What we do know is the 2nd half of the season, she'll be going up against lesser talented teams (posts) in conference. She should be "comfortable" somewhere in mid to late February (about 20+ games in) with playing at this level. I expect her to see a considerable amount of playing time in every game during the regular season.

Can't wait for the Nov 4th tip off against Vanguard to see Liv and "The Legend" (she scores points) in action. Also interested to see the improvement the reserve players have made over the summer.

Not to get too far ahead of things, but I think there's a real good chance Liv and CW will be playing basketball well into their 30's. And so the journey of a 1000 miles continues in Storrs, as they both took that "first step" years ago. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Is Coach Geno losing weight? His face looks a lot thinner? Did his better half put him on a diet?
I saw the pics from Louisville. Both Geno and I could lose 15 pounds.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yeah, me too. Just wait until she figures things out!! :) As we get closer to the beginning of the season, we can look closer at each game on the preseason schedule to see who Liv may be going up against. We know Baylor and Notre Dame for sure will have a quality post player on the floor at all times. Those two games could prove to be very "teachable/learning" games for her. The others, I'm not sure about.

There are several schools on the OOC calendar that probably do not have a dominate post player. We can look more closely at team rosters as each game approaches. What we do know is the 2nd half of the season, she'll be going up against lesser talented teams (posts) in conference. She should be "comfortable" somewhere in mid to late February (about 20+ games in) with playing at this level. I expect her to see a considerable amount of playing time in every game during the regular season.

Can't wait for the Nov 4th tip off against Vanguard to see Liv and "The Legend" (she scores points) in action. Also interested to see the improvement the reserve players have made over the summer.

Not to get too far ahead of things, but I think there's a real good chance Liv and CW will be playing basketball well into their 30's. And so the journey of a 1000 miles continues in Storrs, as they both took that "first step" years ago. :cool:
Geno recruit talented kids. The recruits typically are also ambitious, motivated, and competitive. I think he struck it rich with Liv and the Legend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom