Geno on KML: Get her more shots | The Boneyard

Geno on KML: Get her more shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
From Rich:

“I thought we missed her a couple times too when she was in the lane,’’ Auriemma said. “At halftime we talked a lot about how much she had to do in the second half in terms of moving without the ball. She’s been sick since she left Connecticut. But I thought that in the second half she really responded. That offensive rebound she got (with 9:24 remaining in the game) … I don’t think there’s anybody in the country that if Kaleena Lewis wants to offensive rebound she’s going to go get it. And that just goes to show you how much she’s changed in one year. How many more things that she can do now that she couldn’t last year. And that’s why you play these games to give kids an opportunity to do that in a tough environment against a really good team.’’

“She was (a big-game player) last year if you remember,’’ Auriemma said. “She had 25 against these guys early in the season and she had like 15 or so in the first half against Baylor and then she kind of drifted away. So this year I think what we’re trying to do is keep her engaged the whole game. And that’s part of her growing up too is that she’s able to not disappear in the big moments of the game.

“And we’re constantly struggling with how to get her more shots. Like I don’t think there’s been a game her whole two years at Connecticut where I think she’s gotten enough shots. I’d like to get her way more.’’

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
KML getting the ball more sounds like a freaking plan to me. She is as good as I hoped she'd be coming out of high school...and I had high, high hopes for her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A good freaking plan. She has a great touch and an expanded repertoire. She makes shooting look easy.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think KML is the best all around player on the team. And that's saying something given that I believe 4 of our 5 starters are AA's, and our 6th man is also a future AA.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
KML's name is Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis.

Her mother's maiden name was Sundy Mosqueda, and from her she got her Mexican heritage. Sundy was formerly a softball player. Her biological father (African-American) was named Lewis.

The marriage of her parents apparently dissolved and Sundy married a firefighter named Khairi Ali, whose athletic background was as a soccer player. He is credited with being a major influence on Kaleena's development -- from a youthful player who didn't qualify for a school team to becoming a dominant force in wcbb as UConn's leading scorer and a solid AA candidate.

It gets better.

When she was born (November 3, 1993) her middle name was:

Jordan

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Kib if I might add. I remember another girl from Cal. that came to UConn and could shoot lights out. KML is developing into one of the greatest players in WCBB. She is an AA because of the numbers she puts up to fill the stat sheet. She can put up alot of points in a very short amount of time. No body in WCBB is going that.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I agree with this one. KML gets her shots, usually taking the most or second most on the team. It's better to spread the offense around.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I agree with this one. KML gets her shots, usually taking the most or second most on the team. It's better to spread the offense around.
Yeah, I understand. Why the hell does Geno know anyway????? Actually I've seen some games where I thought she shot enough or maybe even more than enough but conversely, I have seen games where she needed to shoot more. Yesterday, I would have preferred her shooting a little more than she did but she was actually sick, requiring fluids after the game because of a bug she's been battling that dehydrated her.

Reaction Score
I agree with Geno 99.999999 % of the time. I just don't think KML is particularly shy with her shots. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom