Geno on coach Paige | The Boneyard

Geno on coach Paige

Reaction Score
I noticed that he did not mention the best bright spot he has on the team.......Caroline Ducharme. Caroline is capable of carrying the team like Paige and proved it when Paige went down with the Meniscus tear. And she did it with a bad hip! That took guts and showed what a committed Huskie she is. If she has fully recovered from her hip operation and has rehabilitated well, what a difference she will make. I am looking forward to the coming season with the highest hopes of NO.12.GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
I noticed that he did not mention the best bright spot he has on the team.......Caroline Ducharme. Caroline is capable of carrying the team like Paige and proved it when Paige went down with the Meniscus tear. And she did it with a bad hip! That took guts and showed what a committed Husky she is. If she has fully recovered from her hip operation and has rehabilitated well, what a difference she will make. I am looking forward to the coming season with the highest hopes of NO.12.GO HUSKIES!!!
Caroline Ducharme is # 33, at least Caroline had that jersey number last year and it is also listed
on the the 2022-2023 Roster. ( Ref : the UCONN WBB webpage. ). Otherwise I agree with the
comments about Caroline!! GO Team!

Reaction Score
I noticed that he did not mention the best bright spot he has on the team.......Caroline Ducharme. Caroline is capable of carrying the team like Paige and proved it when Paige went down with the Meniscus tear. And she did it with a bad hip! That took guts and showed what a committed Husky she is. If she has fully recovered from her hip operation and has rehabilitated well, what a difference she will make. I am looking forward to the coming season with the highest hopes of NO.12.GO HUSKIES!!!
I noticed you joined the Yard in Jan 2022. Your post about CD is echoing/parroting what MANY have already said. There are very astute and knowledgeable fan in the yard.

Reaction Score
“But I have the ultimate punishment ready for her when she starts to be a pain in the ass. I'm going to have her sit next to CD the whole game. That will be the ultimate punishment. She won't say a word for the next three months.”

I guess no potty mouth allowed next to Chris. :rolleyes:

It's enlightening that Geno can still poke fun at Bueckers. Some athletes in her situation become morbid but Bueckers has always rolled with the punches when things go wrong and despite her obvious frustration she is going to be involved in all things except playing.

This was an outstanding article. Geno was very open about everything. This is the article I will direct anyone to who asks. And I hope that the media moves on. Do a series on "Coach Bueckers" if you want but it's time to stop retelling the injury story and re-asking how UConn can dig themselves out of the trench they find themselves in. All this team needs to do is believe in themselves and that shouldn't be hard after last year.

Reaction Score
I noticed you joined the Yard in Jan 2022. Your post about CD is echoing/parroting what MANY have already said. There are very astute and knowledgeable fan in the yard.
True, I joined in Jan 22, but I have been following the Bone yard since 2013. I am first to agree with you that there are many posters who are more knowlegeable about basketball than I am. My posts are only MY observations and opinions. I do not spend large texts about a 5 player or a 4 player or try to analyze the player or team. I enjoy the Bone yard very much and only state what I feel at that time. I do not copy any one. My posts are mine alone. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post GO HUSKIES!!! Not that it makes any difference, I am 89 years old and LOVE UCONN HUSKIES!

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
True, I joined in Jan 22, but I have been following the Bone yard since 2013. I am first to agree with you that there are many posters who are more knowlegeable about basketball than I am. My posts are only MY observations and opinions. I do not spend large texts about a 5 player or a 4 player or try to analyze the player or team. I enjoy the Bone yard very much and only state what I feel at that time. I do not copy any one. My posts are mine alone. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post GO HUSKIES!!! Not that it makes any difference, I am 89 years old and LOVE UCONN HUSKIES!

I like your style...

Reaction Score
89, God willing I should live so long. Respect!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A little more write up in here

But I don't know how serious Geno sounds. I think everyone would benefit if she really filled a role like that with clip board and all.
As long as she doesn't try to turn one of her mates into a substitute Paige Bueckers. There is only one of those.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I don`t know what the ceiling is for this team, hopefully #12 but unknowable at this point.

What I am totally convinced of, though, is that there will be absolutely no backing down with this team at any point this season. No soft, tentative efforts. Paige will not allow it. If they go down, they will go down swinging.

But I am hoping they are the ones raising the trophy in Dallas, and Paige will be a huge part of that if it happens.

Then onto 2023-2024, when we get to see her shine on the floor once again in a UConn jersey. That will be something magical.

Reaction Score
It would be a PR stunt to a degree but I'd consider letting Paige coach for one game. Geno and CD can get tossed in a pre arranged way and Paige takes over. It would be national news and a great public interest story. Maybe against a low ranked team somewhere.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It would be a PR stunt to a degree but I'd consider letting Paige coach for one game. Geno and CD can get tossed in a pre arranged way and Paige takes over. It would be national news and a great public interest story. Maybe against a low ranked team somewhere.
Cute idea if Paige could play everyone for 40 minutes.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think that before Paige gets to coach, Geno, CD, Jamelle, Morgan and a couple of Grad Assistants would all have to get tossed……:oops:

Reaction Score

The best we might see is in the beginning of the second half of an exhibition game. The coaches stay in the locker room for a few minutes and Bueckers gives them the pep talk.

Is that allowed under NCAA rules? Can a player on the sidelines call time out?

Reaction Score
I think that before Paige gets to coach, Geno, CD, Jamelle, Morgan and a couple of Grad Assistants would all have to get tossed……:oops:

In the old days it could have happened. Geno runs out on the court and the rest go after him and they all get tossed. Nowadays Chris holds him back with 2 fingers. :oops:

Reaction Score
Good for you Next 12!

Reaction Score
All these things -- Paige actually coaching -- are fun to think about, but don't you think it would be a hell of an insult to the opponent. IMHO, you just don't disrespect the other guys in that way, even if you're ahead by 50 at the half.

Reaction Score
The key point to remember is that Bueckers is easily the best suited to be the team leader. She's the pg, she's the most skilled player, she's the most vocal and she's the smartest basketball mind on the roster. She could have withdrawn into a shell and focused exclusively on her rehab and no one would fault her but she is inserting herself into all phases of the team as best she can.

I'd love to see UConn win the title and hear her teammates name her their MVP.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom