HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The software is being cranky about posting tweets

A06CF029-A4A7-4DE4-AEC0-B9D00A0E207C.jpeg

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Was Caroline at today's game or is she still staying away from the noise and bright lights?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Was Caroline at today's game or is she still staying away from the noise and bright lights?
Did not see her on the bench, nor behind. Guessing that they may want to control the environment so that it doesn't initiate any setbacks.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I don't see how the risk factors appreciably change with the time interval of a few games. I feel so bad for Caroline to have had this inflicted upon her.

Reaction Score
as I suggested in the last Caroline thread, she should redshirt this season and hopefully be 100% ready next year.........the only "cure" for a concussion is time...........no reason to take any risks that could have long-term implications....

Reaction Score
as I suggested in the last Caroline thread, she should redshirt this season and hopefully be 100% ready next year.........the only "cure" for a concussion is time...........no reason to take any risks that could have long-term implications....

Unfortunately this may not be it. If she’s taken too many shots, she needs to retire

Reaction Score
Unfortunately this may not be it. If she’s taken too many shots, she needs to retire
that's certainly possible but the only way to know for sure is to get to the point where there are no more symptoms for a period of time and then see where she's at.......went through this with my daughter in high school after basketball and softball concussions in the same school year.....

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
that's certainly possible but the only way to know for sure is to get to the point where there are no more symptoms for a period of time and then see where she's at.......went through this with my daughter in high school after basketball and softball concussions in the same school year.....
Did she get over the concussions?

Reaction Score
If she makes a comeback next fall, even then I'd be worried ... but also pleased for her.

Reaction Score
From a selfish standpoint, none of us on this board would like to see that, but it is something that she, her parents and medical professionals need to carefully weigh. Repeated head trauma can result in CTE later in life. I feel confident Geno and UConn will do what's right for her, regardless of the short-term competitive impact.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Caroline was doing well in the summer, but she got hit in the head 2x in Europe and missed a game. Then she had a bad flight to the Caymans. She keeps experiencing setbacks. She needs some rest.

Reaction Score
It greatly pains me to type this, but I agree with Geno. Aim for where you want to be 10 years from now and do what you have to do to get there. If that means giving up basketball, then so be it. Best of luck and health Caroline!

Reaction Score
I do not expect Caroline to play again this season. Geno is correct. Caroline's health down the rode is what is most important.

I do think Caroline will have to retire.
I agree with this entirely. She exhibits some very tell tale signs of Post-Concussion Syndrome, from the actual symptoms to the repeated head trauma within a short period of time. At the very least I hope she is shut down for the year, for her own safety and future. Before the responses of 'what's your medical degree' come, Post-Concussion Syndrome is widely documented and easily researchable, and I pray I am mistaken and being overdramatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom