Geno/Nurse chuckle | The Boneyard

Geno/Nurse chuckle

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
"Wednesday she (Kia Nurse) should be getting back into some sort of basketball stuff, how much I don't know," Auriemma said. "Where will she be by Saturday when we play our first game (in the AAC tournament) ? I don't know. She told me she is playing. I said, 'I heard you are playing, I am penciling you in for the second round of the NCAA tournament. That didn't go over too well. I might get a hockey puck at my head of something." Jim Fuller

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
I am penciling you in for the second round of the NCAA tournament.

He's not joking here. He won't need her until then; why risk further injury, and why not give Crystal more experience?

I like your thought but the reality is we shouldn't need her at all for the AAC. I'd rather err on the safety. . .

Reaction Score

He's not joking here. He won't need her until then; why risk further injury, and why not give Crystal more experience?

Because Nurse needs games and not practices to knock the rust off.

Reaction Score

Bags, started to type, just noticed the avatar, I remember that Portland squad, a super nova for about a year and then a new injury parameter, I digress. Occasionally, over the last few games, I get the stray thought about Crystal Dangerfield's recent foot issue. The player is always going to want to play and we know the UConn coaching staff errs on the side of caution. And she's growing, but still.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Agree with holding out Kia until absolutely necessary. It would be helpful for Kia to have a game or two under her belt to get her timing back, particularly when shooting the ball.

Hoping Kia is cleared to play by the conference tournament where she can be integrated back into the lineup in a measured fashion and is then fully ready to go for the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
UCONN is really good at bringing players back from injury even though the player wants to play sooner.........Geno will test Kia to the hilt

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Another reminder that ankles are tricky. Alaina Coates goes down while just running the court today in SC's game vs KY. She had just gotten back after hurting her ankle in SC's loss to Mizzou and injures it again with the SEC tournament coming up.

Let's hope Kia is all the way back when she comes back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom