Geno Mimicks Z: Priceless

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
It's just a moment in the middle of a good, very good video on Z, but it so nails her. From Nan's link:
ww.espn.com.au/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22957655/women-final-four-azura-stevens-continues-spark-uconn-huskies-bench She also underscores the difference between Duke and UConn. "This is the right place for me."

Yeah, it was both funny and cute. Good catch! I put the link in a post above.

Reaction Score
If Z's three starts to fall, watch out for the new Z !!! UConn does not need Z's 3 but with hers how is anybody going to defend the UConn offense?

Mister2

Looking for Mister1
Reaction Score
If Z's three starts to fall, watch out for the new Z !!! UConn does not need Z's 3 but with hers how is anybody going to defend the UConn offense?

A team needs at least TWO legit 3-pt. threats to create havoc on the opponent's defense. Right now UCONN has KLS and Kia (Crystal Dangerfield is inconsistent, Pheesa is at best low threat, and Gabby is no threat at all), but when Kia leaves next season, it would be huge if Z can evolve into a legit threat.

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
It would be really huge if Z made her layups the 1st time she shoots them, that is a good enough breakout for todays game.

Against these FF teams, the misses are effectively turnovers that kick off the offense for ND and the others...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
When do you expect to be a they?

They always get blamed. They dropped the first w ... gotta keep up Gus. Rocky will never refer to himself as Rocky, except if you want me to Gus. ;) I never expect to be a "they", "they" are the voices in my head! They made me drop the w.

Reaction Score
A team needs at least TWO legit 3-pt. threats to create havoc on the opponent's defense. Right now UCONN has KLS and Kia (Crystal Dangerfield is inconsistent, Pheesa is at best low threat, and Gabby is no threat at all), but when Kia leaves next season, it would be huge if Z can evolve into a legit threat.
the three point shooting % for UCONN best are KLS 47.2, CD 46.2 and Kia at 44.9....all three are among the best in the nation including CD , who IMO will be a very potent offensive force next year

Mister2

Looking for Mister1
Reaction Score
the three point shooting % for UCONN best are KLS 47.2, CD 46.2 and Kia at 44.9....all three are among the best in the nation including CD , who IMO will be a very potent offensive force next year

Not to take anything away from Crystal Dangerfield, her 3-pt. percentage surpassed Kia's only because of the SC game. Without that game, she was at 43.3 and Kia was at 44.4. More importantly, Crystal Dangerfield's 3-pt. shooting tended to come in spurts, rather than in a more even pattern like KLS and Kia.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I'm not a they yet; a simple he will do. Fixed it. Been off working on a deadline, sorry.
We get confused sometimes, and you always in the middle of threads. So forgive us, your ubiquitousness! ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They always get blamed. They dropped the first w ... gotta keep up Gus. Rocky will never refer to himself as Rocky, except if you want me to Gus. ;) I never expect to be a "they", "they" are the voices in my head! They made me drop the w.
Given the quality of your posts, I assumed that you had a crack staff working with you. So yeah, they...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

CD is like Kia, which is why she is such an excellent point guard. She'll do what's necessary and put team ahead of individual objectives. Her growth this year has been about as great a leap as I have ever seen from a UConn sophomore. She'll MoJeff WCBB for another 2 years.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
We get confused sometimes, and you always in the middle of threads. So forgive us, your ubiquitousness! ;)

I'm well aware I've been too active of late. Have located a therapist. Baby steps.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Given the quality of your posts, I assumed that you had a crack staff working with you. So yeah, they...

Stop it. Just stop it. before you know it I'll be insufferable...er. Insufferabler is a word isn't it?

Reaction Score
Not to take anything away from Crystal Dangerfield, her 3-pt. percentage surpassed Kia's only because of the SC game. Without that game, she was at 43.3 and Kia was at 44.4. More importantly, Crystal Dangerfield's 3-pt. shooting tended to come in spurts, rather than in a more even pattern like KLS and Kia.
CD is like Kia, which is why she is such an excellent point guard. She'll do what's necessary and put team ahead of individual objectives. Her growth this year has been about as great a leap as I have ever seen from a UConn sophomore. She'll MoJeff WCBB for another 2 years.
I don't like debating on this board and respect all those who post but take Kia's best game away and compare averages and CD will be better...

I don't like debating on the board with posters because we all have the same goal as fans, however if you want to delete a good CD game then delete a good Kia game and CD will probably have the best %. The nature of three point shooting is that some games are good and others are not as good, hence the average is what we should look at. The point is, that just as Kia has improved her % each season, CD , who is already shooting at a great% for a soph will be an increasingly potent offensive force that will stretch the defense.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
It's just a moment in the middle of a good, very good video on Z, but it so nails her. From Nan's link:

www.espn.com.au/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22957655/women-final-four-azura-stevens-continues-spark-uconn-huskies-bench

She also underscores the difference between Duke and UConn. "This is the right place for me."
The Azura part seems to have been taken out. Bummer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom