Geno looked happy post-game | The Boneyard

Geno looked happy post-game

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Mentions Stef by name, says she worked really hard...says young players are still trying to find roles but he thought they played really well. High praise!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
He should be happy. His team just administered a beat-down against a top 10 team on national tv.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Wow, I thought they looked great. T A&M was not exactly intimidating. When was the last time Kelly Faris had a game like that? Tiffany, KML, Stefanie, Bria, and Caroline all had great games. And it was nice to see Breanna Stewart and Moriah Jefferson sitting right behind the bench enjoying, and probably contemplating what it's going to be like being on this team next year.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
As I said in the game thread, time for this team to start getting some respect. They are carving out their own style.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Yeah, Geno will speak his mind, even in a 30 point beatdown if he wasn't happy with something. He was definitely pleased tonight.

Here's a scary thought: as good a coach as Geno has been, is it possible he's still improving? Last year's team had no business being as good as it was, no matter how transcendently great Maya is. This year's team has no business being this far along at this point.

Reaction Score
Yeah, Geno will speak his mind, even in a 30 point beatdown if he wasn't happy with something. He was definitely pleased tonight.

Here's a scary thought: as good a coach as Geno has been, is it possible he's still improving? Last year's team had no business being as good as it was, no matter how transcendently great Maya is. This year's team has no business being this far along at this point.
I think you're on to something Alex. For several years now, UConn has outperformed its talent in my opinion because of incredible team defense. If that's something Geno can continue to generate regardless of the roster that's scary. Obviously some years are better than others--the defense in 2010 was off the charts, last year was excellent but not in the same league as 2010. This year seems to be somewhere in between. But still each year I think they are several points better than you would expect because of superior team defense. If that continues, and with the talent coming in next year, there's gonna be a bunch more banners in the rafters real soon.

Reaction Score
TonyC was way too pessimistic before the game and Geno was happy after the game.

I didn't think I'd live that long.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
It's amazing to me that although yes, Geno does get great players, so do a lot of schools; just look at the amount of players Rutgers has in the WNBA, for example. But he gets players to buy into his style of play, which is tough to do when everyone tells you how great you are coming out of high school. The National Player of the Year coming off the bench? Engeln and MJ, who could start for a lot of the teams in the top 25 getting clean up minutes? But they play as a team and seem genuinely happy about each other's success. A lot of coaching is managing egos, and while that is more apparent in the men's game, managing 10 to 12 young women cannot be easy. And the team is always greater than the sum of its parts.

Reaction Score
haha i can't wait to listen to the post game press conference

Reaction Score
I predicted we would win by 15.
I was half right.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I suggested if aTm slowed it down we would win by 10-15, but if they tried to run with us it would be 20+. Well 30 is definitely 20+.

Reaction Score
This team is scary good right know and after this Friday's game at SH in NJ, Geno will have 8 more days of practice before a trip to Waco, TX and the Baylor Bears.........Can't wait to see the defense he runs against Baylor and BG.....

Reaction Score
This team is scary good right know and after this Friday's game at SH in NJ, Geno will have 8 more days of practice before a trip to Waco, TX and the Baylor Bears.........Can't wait to see the defense he runs against Baylor and BG.....

I like what your thinking, Geno has coached BG and knows her strengths and her weaknesses. The Baylor game will be one serious measuring stick. I for one like our chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom