Geno Live on Sports Center 10:15am Today | The Boneyard

Geno Live on Sports Center 10:15am Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Tweet from Pat McKenna WBB SID.

@GenoAuriemma will do a live appearance on SportsCenter at 10:15 EDT today. Also, #UConn fans should watch the #CBS Evening News tonight.

Reaction Score
I though he did a great job…..reflective…kind…eloquent…genuine….touching

I continue to admire Geno …and I am a Tennessee grad and long time fan of the ladyvols

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I though he did a great job…..reflective…kind…eloquent…genuine….touching

I continue to admire Geno …and I am a Tennessee grad and long time fan of the ladyvols

Didn't see it, can I get a 'recap' please? :D

Just kidding. I am sure he was eloquent, as he often is when topics turn serious. And your comments mean a little more coming from a LV fan. I was quite surprised to read in the WP piece that Pat had rooted for Geno in the tourney, so perhaps the thaw between them--precipitated though it may be by an awful disease--is real. Certainly Pat is deserving of all the adulation, deference, and love she is getting from all quarters.

Reaction Score
Great interview, thanks for posting the link.
I've always liked Geno. I think he's a classy and brutally honest guy, who is often misunderstood by those who either do not know him, by those who do not "get" him", by those who are envious of his success, and by those poor souls who are just plain miserable and mean-spirited. Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there for whom no amount of education and insight is enough and refuse to come out of whatever miserable hole they inhabit.
I may not agree with everything he does or says all of the time, but Geno's real. And as someone once said, "I like real."

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Thanks for the link. Great interview. We're lucky to have so gracious an ambassador for our state's program.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Holly Warlick may have assumed the mantle as head coach of the LV program, but Geno's the person who assumed the mantle of "primary face of the sport." That's a tremendous responsibility he has. Because of that, I see this interview as having a "meta-importance" beyond the subject matter itself (which was quite important in its own right). It was his first interview in that capacity. I thought he did a terrific job both speaking to the influence and importance of Pat Summitt, as well just being the person everyone is going to call from here on when they want the "authoritative" viewpoint on the WBB topic of the day. Mind you, he's run a premier program for almost 20 years now, but the stakes have been raised a bit with Pat's quasi-departure.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
It is sad and unfortunate that there remain some bitter individuals who despise Geno so intensely (and often obscenely) that no word or deed by him could ever ease their obsessive hatred. I am reminded of what Lyndon Johnson once said:

"If I went over to Virginia and walked across the Potomac River from Alexandria to Washington, the headline in the newspaper next morning would read, 'President Can't Swim.'"

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Those bitter folks will be all the more miserable in the future because until Geno retires, he will be THE person called upon to speak on behalf of the sport. So that's awesome too.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I agree that Geno is an incredible ambassador for the sport. He is funny, witty, and honest. I love a person that is willing to just lay it out there like it is.

And yes, some people are bitter and will hold grudges long past when they should. Some people just don't know how to move forward instead of dwelling on the past.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Those bitter folks will be all the more miserable in the future because until Geno retires, he will be THE person called upon to speak on behalf of the sport. So that's awesome too.
Feel sorry for them. They have nothing else that's meaningful in their lives so they've hooked their self-esteem to the wins and losses of some teenagers with a basketball.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Feel sorry for them. They have nothing else that's meaningful in their lives so they've hooked their self-esteem to the wins and losses of some teenagers with a basketball.

I do feel sorry for them. But it's hard not to be angry with some of the responses to Geno's eloquent and gracious interview.

They are a disgusting group if individuals.

Reaction Score

That pretty much nails it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom