Geno/KML and Dolson/Oriakhi | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Geno/KML and Dolson/Oriakhi

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Pretty sure she wouldn't describe herself as being treated like a dog of any sort. I think a lot of posters have a hell of a lot thinner skin than KML does from reading her post-game quotes, and thank God for that.
I hope you dont expect her to say "I hate when Coach yells at me, I clam up when he does" during a interview.

even Charde has never said a bad word about UConn in public (if we are to assume she had a difficult time at UConn)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I hope you dont expect her to say "I hate when Coach yells at me, I clam up when he does" during a interview.

even Charde has never said a bad word about UConn in public (if we are to assume she had a difficult time at UConn)
Of course not. But she didn't have to say half the things she has said as far as taking personal responsibility for what happened in South Bend. And she said them anyway. That speaks volumes.

KML is not a china doll. She is a young woman who chose to come to UConn. She made that decision early and with eyes wide open, despite knowing she'd have to work harder, be 3,000 miles from her family, and despite knowing that there was not a program in the country who wouldn't have loved to have her. She came here in part because she wants to win, and she knows winning environments are not typically soft and cuddly. She's been a winner at every level, and I fully expect she's willing to pay the price to have that trend continue.

There would never be a thread like this on a message board discussing men's sports. Women are emotionally very tough, in many respects tougher than men. KML is a highly privileged student-athlete- she can take getting chewed out from time to time.

For that matter, there's no evidence Charde does resent Geno. Even if things didn't work out exactly as she might have hoped, she was still the first member of her family to get a college degree. She grew, she finished, and now she's playing professionally. I have no idea if she regrets her decision to come to Storrs or not, but it's plausible to me that she's at peace with it.

Reaction Score
Those were professional football players that Coach L may or may not have treated like dogs.

KML is a student athlete and it is highly doubtful that she would ever want coach A to "treat her like a precious dog!"

That is a very imappropriate comparison.

John Fryer[/quote

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Upset is easy in life...its what you do or did with the "upset" that is important. In this case, I personally prefer coaching over screaming, unless one assumes that coaching =screaming. Anyways, we lost, and I hope for learning from the game for all.

I remain a fan of Geno, just not every minute. He is the adult in the room.

Oz - I spent much of my military life dealing with young adults. One thing I learned is that some respond well to "coaching" while others respond better to "screaming". There are times when coaching is the right approach and times when screaming is the best way to get it done.

Given Auriemma's success, I'll guess that he has a good idea how to address his players. You also need to consider what IB mentioned. Do you think addressing the huddle in a conversational voice is going to be heard over 15,000 screaming fans?

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Re: Geno's yelling...

Still the greatest coach ever in women's basketball, just think he may not be the best ever in close games/tight situations. You can't be the best in every aspect of the game or then our opponents would have no chance at winning!

7 trips to the NC game, 7 wins, no loses.

Were they all blow-outs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer