Geno is watching Saniya | The Boneyard

Geno is watching Saniya

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
in the regional finals at Pace Univ. Ossining is up 53-36 0n Binghamton at the half and Saniya has scored either 24 or 25 points (conflicting reports, lol).

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I like all of that! Binghamton is big enough to bring some athletes to the game.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Ossining wins 90-76. Saniya scores 39 points. I hope Geno was impressed.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I'll be very surprised if Geno was not impressed. Based more on watching Saniya on tape much more than the great stats.

Anyone know where we go from here? Isn't Saniya supposed to attend a UConn practice or did that already happen?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
25 points in a half. Slacker! :D

Is an offer forthcoming?

Congrats to Saniya and Ossining.

Reaction Score
We are in the contact period now, are we not? So Geno is allowed to talk to Saniya (and presumably her family) - I wonder if there has been a home visit.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We are in the contact period now, are we not? So Geno is allowed to talk to Saniya (and presumably her family) - I wonder if there has been a home visit.
I believe it started on March 1.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score

Saniya's mom visited with Geno (in his office) ----- after the game at Gampel, to which Saniya brought all her teammates.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Here's a story about today's game.

http://www.thedailyossining.com/sports/ossining-girls-win-regional-finals-vs-binghamton

Chong impressed nearly everyone in attendance, and hopefully left a mark on University of Connecticut women’s basketball coach Geno Auriemma, who was in attendance to scout the guard.

“That’s awesome. It just shows you how far our program’s come and how far Saniya’s come,” said Ossining Head Coach Dan Ricci. “UConn only recruits quality people. Saniya’s a quality kid.
Even with arguably the best college women’s basketball coach in the country in attendance, Chong insisted she did not get rattled.

“It’s not a big thing about pressure,” Chong said. “I get little jitters when I’m outside, but once I step on the court, I’m fine.

The Ossining fans in attendance chanted “Goodbye Geno!” as the coach left the Goldstein Fitness Center.

JS

Reaction Score
Saniya's mom visited with Geno (in his office) ----- after the game at Gampel, to which Saniya brought all her teammates.
Contact period or not is irrelevant to unofficial campus visits. It only pertains to permissibility of off-campus contacts.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I think she would be a terrific pickup. I hope this gets done and gets the 2013 train rolling.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
So now we just need Breanna to hold up her part of the bargain with a win today, and we will have our coveted Saniya vs. Breanna tilt next week :cool:

Reaction Score
...“It’s not a big thing about pressure,” Chong said. “I get little jitters when I’m outside, but once I step on the court, I’m fine...
The kid seems to have nerves of steel. A great quality in a go-to player.

Reaction Score
Sure hope Geno extends a scholarship offer to Saniya; she seems like a very special player. The type of player that wants the ball in her hands with the game on the line.

Reaction Score
Just refresh my memory, how many scollys do we have available for the 2013 class? I see that there are 5 women that UCONN seems interested in according to Nan's site and 2 of those 5 have already recieved offers. Of course, no one gets everyone they are looking at.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Just refresh my memory, how many scollys do we have available for the 2013 class? I see that there are 5 women that UCONN seems interested in according to Nan's site and 2 of those 5 have already recieved offers. Of course, no one gets everyone they are looking at.
could take up to five kids, will take three or four, I'd imagine.

Next season, we lose Kelly, Buck, and Caroline, which means 10 kids return. scholly limit is 15, but Geno has a stated aversion to using all 15.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Saniya seems to be the most underrated and overlooked player I can recall. The kid can flat out play, and she loves the uptempo style.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Saniya seems to be the most underrated and overlooked player I can recall. The kid can flat out play, and she loves the uptempo style.
Well, she is no longer overlooked, and I'm guessing she won't be underrated next time the experts publish their lists.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Contact period or not is irrelevant to unofficial campus visits. It only pertains to permissibility of off-campus contacts.

Thanks JS. My heart started to pound with that news before I read your post! But, what if DT was also in his office eating some McDonald's fries with her inimitable style? Does that change anything? :p

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
could take up to five kids, will take three or four, I'd imagine.

Next season, we lose Kelly, Buck, and Caroline, which means 10 kids return. scholly limit is 15, but Geno has a stated aversion to using all 15.

He understands the politics of numbers compound exponentially.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, she is no longer overlooked, and I'm guessing she won't be underrated next time the experts publish their lists.

I dunno. Certain experts, it has been suggested, would actually diss her if they thought UC had the rail on her recruitment.

Reaction Score
Sure hope Geno extends a scholarship offer to Saniya; she seems like a very special player. The type of player that wants the ball in her hands with the game on the line.

Yes, of course, but after that we need to get serious about a big dominating center in 2013 to come in during Steph's last year.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yes, of course, but after that we need to get serious about a big dominating center in 2013 to come in during Steph's last year.

Bone realizes her mistake, sits a year and...nevermind, it was a stupid notion! :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom