Geno interviewed by Doug Feinberg [Merged Thread} | The Boneyard

Geno interviewed by Doug Feinberg [Merged Thread}

Reaction Score
Who knew there aren't 10s on Australian playing cards?
I tried to play bridge in Holland, they have a weird face card between the J and Q if I remember correctly, (it's been 20 years). I didn't play very well.

Reaction Score
I just watched a long interview of Coach by Doug Feinberg. It is one of the better interviews because there seemed to be a friend talkiing to a friend....very few typical questions...buddy to buddy talk of things that have happened years ago....the blackjack stories by Geno were very funny....if you get a chance to see the zoom interview..do it...I am sure most BY people will get a kick out of it. I haven't seen Geno so relaxed and happy during an interview in recent times. He was asked or he brought up his current group of kids....how they fool around with him and are not intimidated...unheard of until recently.
But one thing stands out to me that took maybe 3 seconds to bring out. Respect like in prior years is disappearing and the aura of playing for a legend is no big deal to most of the girls.....there definitely is respect, even from those who may give him a hard time occasionally. Geno made a point of naming only three current players who have shown him the 'old-time' respect and courtesy. If you had to pick the three, you'd be pretty good.
The 3 players that he named were Aaliyah Edwards, Mir McLean, and Anna Makurat...special people. It appears to this oldie that all of his players respect him and the complete adult staff.....these kids are chosen not only for their great basketball skills....yes it is impt., but for the things that Geno and his coaches look for in a young lady.. Being a great teammate is a phrase bandied about, but think about it....from what we see, these kids have the special magic that he wants and sees in a high school player....going into their homes, meeting family and close people.....Geno gets it big time. He doesn't play Mir much, and you would think that something off the court is going on.....guess not...she is one of the three.
This is a unique group of kids who bonded...big time. Win or lose, they will be hard to forget...one of the many reasons I have become such a big fan.

Reaction Score
I just watched a long interview of Coach by Doug Feinberg. It is one of the better interviews because there seemed to be a friend talkiing to a friend....very few typical questions...buddy to buddy talk of things that have happened years ago....the blackjack stories by Geno were very funny....if you get a chance to see the zoom interview..do it...I am sure most BY people will get a kick out of it. I haven't seen Geno so relaxed and happy during an interview in recent times. He was asked or he brought up his current group of kids....how they fool around with him and are not intimidated...unheard of until recently.
But one thing stands out to me that took maybe 3 seconds to bring out. Respect like in prior years is disappearing and the aura of playing for a legend is no big deal to most of the girls.....there definitely is respect, even from those who may give him a hard time occasionally. Geno made a point of naming only three current players who have shown him the 'old-time' respect and courtesy. If you had to pick the three, you'd be pretty good.
The 3 players that he named were Aaliyah Edwards, Mir McLean, and Anna Makurat...special people. It appears to this oldie that all of his players respect him and the complete adult staff.....these kids are chosen not only for their great basketball skills....yes it is impt., but for the things that Geno and his coaches look for in a young lady.. Being a great teammate is a phrase bandied about, but think about it....from what we see, these kids have the special magic that he wants and sees in a high school player....going into their homes, meeting family and close people.....Geno gets it big time. He doesn't play Mir much, and you would think that something off the court is going on.....guess not...she is one of the three.
This is a unique group of kids who bonded...big time. Win or lose, they will be hard to forget...one of the many reasons I have become such a big fan.
To get Mir more minutes whose minutes would u reduce?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Who knew there aren't 10s on Australian playing cards?
Only in the decks they use for Blackjack.
When it comes to gambling there are all sorts of wacky things that go on - the original roulette wheel only had 1 zero - odds weren't good enough for the American house so they added the 00 to improve their take.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Geno explicitly put the finger on the issue and it is always something I worried about. As UConn becomes more and more a Dynasty and Geno becomes a even greater mythical Icon, your players can become more and more intimidated to the point they may freeze and be unwilling to give feedback crucial to a healthy environment. As far as I can see, the brilliance of Paige extended to this arena as well by slowly pushing his buttons and making the coach player relationship more complementary. I think once the other freshman saw this, they were more willing to be themselves and show their personality.

If you recall from the preseason interviews, Nika was basically in awe of everything UConn and I am sure that extended to Geno but Paige treating him as a human coach allowed Nika imo to get more comfortable until she became one of the brat pack.

Reaction Score
Geno explicitly put the finger on the issue and it is always something I worried about. As UConn becomes more and more a Dynasty and Geno becomes a even greater mythical Icon, your players can become more and more intimidated to the point they may freeze and be unwilling to give feedback crucial to a healthy environment. As far as I can see, the brilliance of Paige extended to this arena as well by slowly pushing his buttons and making the coach player relationship more complementary. I think once the other freshman saw this, they were more willing to be themselves and show their personality.

If you recall from the preseason interviews, Nika was basically in awe of everything UConn and I am sure that extended to Geno but Paige treating him as a human coach allowed Nika imo to get more comfortable until she became one of the brat pack.
I like it..,,,,the Brat Pack!

Reaction Score
That was a great interview. Relaxed. Fire something out and let Geno do his thing. I found it refreshing listening to his thoughts of the group he has now and how it differed from others. He seems to truly enjoy them and loved getting his relationship with the team back to what it used to be. before he was GENO.

Reaction Score
I've always liked how Geno is a big sports fan: baseball, hockey, football, etc. His world and perspective is not just based on his sport.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I like how Geno is maturing :) and how much fun he is having with his squad.
I think part of this is how desperate everyone is for human contact - Geno isn't able to sit around drinking vino with all his buddies, just like the team isn't hanging with their college friends. All they have is each other. Not that I don't think this team isn't special, just they are all in a special place at the moment.

I know that I am desperate for a little hanging time just as soon as my vaccination is 2 weeks old and my family/friends are also vaccinated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom