Geno in Los Angeles.... | The Boneyard

Geno in Los Angeles....

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Just delivered as eloquent a speech as he has ever given, at Kobe and Gianna's memorial service. Diana and Sabrina spoke as well. Beautiful.
I wasn’t watching but my son in LA called me when Diana was on. She and Sabrina made nice comments. Geno made an excellent talk, basically about fatherhood.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yeah. Transcripts lose nuance, emphasis, tone.

I think it was one of those computer attempts at transcription. Just ignore it.

Reaction Score
I thought that they were both great. I liked the D story about the last shot to win the WNBA title which I remember seeing and thinking that there was only one woman in the world who would both take that shot and make it. I didn't realize it was a practiced Kobe shot. She should be a leading speaker for womens/girls basketball and sports in general when she hangs up the sneakers. She knows how to command an audience. Geno was just perfect and I thought really sensed the moment. Great line at the end about the Coach and Team at home as noted above. Very proud to be a UConn fan after watching them both.

Reaction Score
I thought that they were both great. I liked the D story about the last shot to win the WNBA title which I remember seeing and thinking that there was only one woman in the world who would both take that shot and make it. I didn't realize it was a practiced Kobe shot. She should be a leading speaker for womens/girls basketball and sports in general when she hangs up the sneakers. She knows how to command an audience. Geno was just perfect and I thought really sensed the moment. Great line at the end about the Coach and Team at home as noted above. Very proud to be a UConn fan after watching them both.
I believe Diana T should be next coach of uconn wbb. She has ability to lead, inspire & connect w/people. She handles herself well w/media & has a BIG personality. All she needs is a couple yrs coaching under her belt.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
They panned to Sabrina who took it good naturedly.

It sounded a little awkward, however I interpreted it to mean that Geno understood why Sabrina made the decision she did, by following her heart, and that he didn't take it personally.

Reaction Score
Interesting thought. After all , who wouldn't want to play for the GOAT. My initial thought was how the greatest players are rarely great coaches or managers because it is so effortless and natural to them that they can't teach it. One exception was John Wooden, in the HOF as both a player and a coach. So I think about the best coaches in mens college ball today. Coach K, average player, Calipari, below average player, Jay Wright etc. As for women, Geno, average player, but then Dawn Staley and Kim Mulkey both great players and both point guards who had to have a command of the whole game. D couldn't play the way she did without an intuitive understanding of the entire game and I never saw anyone able to figure out how to win a game while a part of it like she can. The 2004 national championship game was an incredible example of that. She only had 18 points but she dominated the game in every way and elevated every single player on that team. So yes, she could definitely coach as far as I am concerned and if players think Geno is tough and demanding.............!

Reaction Score
Interesting thought. After all , who wouldn't want to play for the GOAT. My initial thought was how the greatest players are rarely great coaches or managers because it is so effortless and natural to them that they can't teach it. One exception was John Wooden, in the HOF as both a player and a coach. So I think about the best coaches in mens college ball today. Coach K, average player, Calipari, below average player, Jay Wright etc. As for women, Geno, average player, but then Dawn Staley and Kim Mulkey both great players and both point guards who had to have a command of the whole game. D couldn't play the way she did without an intuitive understanding of the entire game and I never saw anyone able to figure out how to win a game while a part of it like she can. The 2004 national championship game was an incredible example of that. She only had 18 points but she dominated the game in every way and elevated every single player on that team. So yes, she could definitely coach as far as I am concerned and if players think Geno is tough and demanding.............!
That’s what I’m saying!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom