Geno in California | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Geno in California

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Having grown up with 2 sisters I can attest that sometimes they don't always see eye to eye. Katie Lou may think that it would be cool to be the only one at the table with a NC ring at all those Thanksgiving dinners in the future.

That's the story of my two older brothers and myself. They went to the same school, I went to another college in a different state. Of course, no one was dangling athletic scholarships in front of us! :)

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I recently finished the book. One of the things I was concerned about, when I picked it up, would be the treatment of Lobo, because I had heard rumors that Tara wasn't Lobo's biggest fan. However, I came away with a positive impression of the interaction. Tara was extremely concerned about post play due tot he committee's selections, but it was more of a concern about experience than ability in the case of Lobo. Tara was extremely concerned about China, who had a 6' 8" player, and thought the original selection didn't have enough posts. While she didn't voice her concerns loudly, she did express them. My guess is that her concerns about lack of posts were interpreted as concerns about Lobo. The committee originally selected 11 players, and added a 12th player late. That last player was Venus Lacey, which made Tara very happy. Another thing that may have contributed to the feeling was that Lobo was the media darling, for a variety of reasons, so some people, especially UConn fans, interpreted that to mean she was the best player on the team. When Lobo didn't start, and didn't get 30 minutes of playing time, some thought this meant Tara didn't like her. Not the case.

Easttexas: I enjoy your posts and insights but here's a question: How did Kim let this player from China get away?!?

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Easttexas: I enjoy your posts and insights but here's a question: How did Kim let this player from China get away?!?
It's not for lack of trying -- unfortunately Kim's attempts to adopt a daughter on the Chinese player's version of her local AAU team was turned down. :D

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

Zheng Haixia was on the Chinese National team by the time she was 16. At that time Kim was still with La Tech, not as a coach, but a player!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I have to say, after reading all this, I am even more impressed with Rebecca as a commentator. She is completely impartial and very complimentary of Stanford, ND and Tennessee when she does their games.

HGN

Reaction Score
As far as Katie Lou Samuelson goes , since 2 of the Samuelson girls attend Stanford , does Stanford adhere to the unspoken Legacy admission policy ?

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
We can't tell you: it's unspoken!

aka "(S)he who must not be named"!

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
As far as Katie Lou Samuelson goes , since 2 of the Samuelson girls attend Stanford , does Stanford adhere to the unspoken Legacy admission policy ?

It worked for Kent Dorfman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom