B_2l8alVEAEDngl.jpg

Picture taken with Tori McCoy's father.

Reaction Score
Dad looks TALL! Seems fine to me :). Why wasn't Tori in the picture?:oops:

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Dad looks TALL! Seems fine to me :). Why wasn't Tori in the picture?:oops:
Getting suited up in case they need her in the Tournament. Nice to get those kids with a lot of Advanced Placement credits.

Reaction Score
Today. Geno had a home visit after one yesterday with Lauren Cox.
Thanks. I knew about the visits, I was thinking though, that this might have been a photo from a previous encounter. So, somewhat positive that they posed for a pic.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I have a good feeling about McCoy to UCONN. Chummy picture and here is a video I have posted before of her Father.
http://www.illinoishomepage.net/sto...ayer-of-the-year/31912/tKKuopg5p0eT0SUCchFKoA
FF to 29 seconds remaining in the video where the father can be heard saying an offer from Geno would be confirmation of his daughter's hard work. My overall impression is , if Geno offered the McCoy's would find it hard to say no.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Question: Would a verbal from Tori make it more or less likely that Cox eventually comes onboard?

Reaction Score
Maybe that's a good idea recruit the parents first lol
But it seems dad is really a fan of Geno. This is great news if she visit. Morgan is from iIllinois. And if we can get Cox also. Geno would be the closest thing to GOD!!!!

HGN

Reaction Score
Question: Would a verbal from Tori make it more or less likely that Cox eventually comes onboard?
Good question BigBird.....Both young ladies are obviously somewhat interested . Getting them both would be very nice (and add 2 more NC's.) :) But Geno might just take whichever one commits first.

With a frontline of such talent , with our outstanding guard play , we would be tough to play against. One in the post and the other at forward... WOW.:D

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

UConn indicated back in November or so that they were only looking to add one more for 2016. My guess is that's still the case. PT is already going to be an issue. Adding both would be kinda preposterous. I'll be thrilled to get one.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If this pic of from this week, I'm happy. I like the body language. I also like what I read about Tori. I hope she is healing well.

Reaction Score
UConn indicated back in November or so that they were only looking to add one more for 2016. My guess is that's still the case. PT is already going to be an issue. Adding both would be kinda preposterous. I'll be thrilled to get one.
Unless one of them isn't a good fit personality-wise, there is a zero percent chance that UConn would turn down either.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Agree, either one would be fine with me.

Cox, Dangerfield, Irwin - great class
McCoy, Dangerfield, Irwin - great class

Personally I wouldn't mind another guard though. Ionescu, Chong, Ramirez, Gondrezick. 1 guard in 2 recruiting classes, seems a little light.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Unless one of them isn't a good fit personality-wise, there is a zero percent chance that UConn would turn down either.
Well true, but there's probably zero percent chance (well maybe 2-3%), both would commit to UCONN either.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

I am not sure playing time will be an issue, I don’t think it’s out of the question to add both (Cox & McCoy). Morgan may want to graduate with MoJett and Stewie off to WNBA. That would leave only 3 players (Butler, Irwin, Boykin) for the PF & Center positions. Even with Morgan staying we would be undersized 6’5” Butler everyone else is 6’2”??) UCONN also have to replace the Vortex that was formerly known as Stewie. A pair of 6’4” players that can play and contribute as Freshmen would be a good think even if Morgan stays.
My ideal class would be (Cox or McCoy=sure thing+ Aiyeotan =project + Irwin= contributor + Dangerfield=sure thing). No additional guard in 2016 leaves room for Walker to possibly come in and play/start the following year.

Reactions: HGN

HGN

Reaction Score
Getting both would not be a problem at all....Playing time would not be an issue. Most freshmen don't start and teams have to always planned for injuries.

Getting both would allow UConn to rotate its frontline and have depth. Guards are a lot more plentiful than good bigs.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Getting both would not be a problem at all....Playing time would not be an issue. Most freshmen don't start and teams have to always planned for injuries.

Getting both would allow UConn to rotate its frontline and have depth. Guards are a lot more plentiful than good bigs.
Except there really won't be that much depth at the 1/2. Really you'll only have Chong, Nurse and Dangerfield. Ekmark and maybe Williams in a pinch.

At the 4/5 you can have Tuck, Butler, Irwin, Boykin along with Collier, Williams and Samuelson if needed (at the 4)

Reaction Score
Williams might play guard after this year. I expect her outside shooting to pick up sharply and make her a really formidable guard who can post up opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom