Geno: "I'm going to miss you more than I thought I would" | The Boneyard

Geno: "I'm going to miss you more than I thought I would"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
I know there are other Kiah threads out there, but this story in her hometown paper has new info, so wanted to call it out.

Stokes said, “If I wanted more minutes, I would have stayed closer to home.”

According to Stokes, Auriemma told her after the championship, “I’m going to miss you more than I thought I would.”

“I’d definitely love to play in the WNBA,” she said, adding that her preference would be to join the Chicago Sky because of its proximity with home. “If not, I’ll definitely play somewhere overseas.

LINK

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I know there are other Kiah threads out there, but this story in her hometown paper has new info, so wanted to call it out.

Stokes said, “If I wanted more minutes, I would have stayed closer to home.”

According to Stokes, Auriemma told her after the championship, “I’m going to miss you more than I thought I would.”

“I’d definitely love to play in the WNBA,” she said, adding that her preference would be to join the Chicago Sky because of its proximity with home. “If not, I’ll definitely play somewhere overseas.

LINK

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
UConn was a perfect fit for Kiah as long as she did not want to accept a greater offensive role. I hope she uses those offensive abilities in the WNBA - she has them; maybe hypnotherapy?

Reactions: HGN

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kiah's major is Sports Promotion. The best way for her to promote herself is to expand her offensive game. She has the potential to be a real defensive stopper at the next level. Though Chicago may be closer to home, Minnesota looks like a good fit for her. And it's not all that far from Iowa either.

HuskyPup

Dislikes Notur-Daim
Reaction Score
Great find bschwartz,
I'm sure Geno wishes he found the right button to push with Kiah but as the story goes.....it is what it is ..or better yet it was what it was. We will miss Kiah dearly but I believe she will surprise a few folks at the next level...maybe even her former coach. Good Luck Kiah!!!!

Reaction Score
I'm sure you are going to miss her Coach! You're gonna have to find a new kid to whomp on. ;)

[We will all miss you very much, Kiah. I wish you great success, whatever you do, where ever you are, in the years ahead. You deserve it.]

HGN

Reaction Score
I emember Geno showed Tina Charles a lot of tough love early in her career in Storrs too... And Tina didn't turn out too bad. Hopefully Kiah will benefit from such a tough task master.

I am sure he will miss Stokes. Her tough defense , rebounds , blocks , and defense of the rim. NO ONE in UConn history did it any better in minutes played.

Heck , we all will miss her.

Reaction Score
UConn was a perfect fit for Kiah as long as she did not want to accept a greater offensive role. I hope she uses those offensive abilities in the WNBA - she has them; maybe hypnotherapy?
I'm new to the Boneyard, but I've been reading this blog for a couple of years. Kiah Stokes has been high on my list since she arrived in Storrs. She's bed dismissed and hopefully missed by your writers--I concur with another writer that said KiaH CAN score. She has proven it a number of times. In some games she could have scored more had the passes not been of the bullet style. Saniya had the knack of putting the ball exactly where Kiah could make the most uses of it. If her WNBA employeer wants her to score, she'll score--No not 50 point a game but she'll score. I'm sorry for being long winded--but Kiah owns a big spot in my heart for the pleasures she's given me. Thank you Kiah "the highest scoring player in Uconn History" (or some thing along that line).

Reaction Score
She sure did show a wonderfully wry sense of humor when she made that self-proclamation after the NC win. I cannot imagine where she might have picked up that kind of sarcasm :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Great kid! I wish her the very best.
Kiah is the total team player. Her defense and rebounding could impact the game.A big loss for huskies she will be greatly missed . Wish her and KML the best they have bright futures.

Reaction Score
Kiah gave him all that she wanted to give him instead of what he thought she could give to the team. That disappointed him. However, what she gave the team the last 2 years was exactly what was needed. She's also a nice young lady and a class act.

Reaction Score
Kiah's major is Sports Promotion. The best way for her to promote herself is to expand her offensive game. She has the potential to be a real defensive stopper at the next level. Though Chicago may be closer to home, Minnesota looks like a good fit for her. And it's not all that far from Iowa either.

Yeah buddy!! I would love for her to come to Minnesota and join the Lynx. You are right. She is not that far from Iowa. So as a Lynx fan and Minnesota resident, I would love for her to come and play for the Lynx. Not sure about her minutes though.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Kiah gave him all that she wanted to give him instead of what he thought she could give to the team. That disappointed him. However, what she gave the team the last 2 years was exactly what was needed. She's also a nice young lady and a class act.
And ended up the greatest scorer in the history of UCONN basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom