"Geno Hints at the End" | The Boneyard

"Geno Hints at the End"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Hartford Courant has an article by Jeff Jacobs than in part is titled "Geno Hints at the End." Does anyone know exactly what it says? I'm blocked from reading the article.

Reaction Score
I'm still blocked. I tried to sign up to be able to read certain articles that are blocked, but it didn't work.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I read it this morning quickly, so I am quoting from memory. He said that sometimes people introduce their 3 - year-old daughter to him and say, "Someday she is going to play for you. " He says, "Where? In the senior center?"

It wasn't overly serious or proximate.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
It came as no shock when in the middle of his speech Auriemma was interrupted by a fan who yelled out, "Ten more, Geno! We have faith in you!" No shock, of course, except to Auriemma who at 61, seems to have a better handle on his mortality and the difficulty of his mission better than anyone.
On a perfect spring day, the UConn women's basketball team celebrates its 10th national championship in Hartford.

"It's like these guys who pick up their baby who's 3 and they go to me, 'You're going to coach her some day,'" Auriemma said afterward. "In what? In Parcheesi at the senior center? When she visits me and brings me a Slurpee?"

Then goes on to talk about stability and continuity regarding the differences b/w women's and men's game, one and dones, NBA v WNBA draft rules.

LINK

Reaction Score
The Hartford Courant has an article by Jeff Jacobs than in part is titled "Geno Hints at the End." Does anyone know exactly what it says? I'm blocked from reading the article.

I'm still blocked. I tried to sign up to be able to read certain articles that are blocked, but it didn't work.

For Future Reference: Most of the time, when I get that blocked/sign-up pop-up, I am able to get in quickly just by highlighting the title, or part of it, right clicking, and choosing "Search Google For..."

Alternatively, one could just type the title, or part of it, into the url box, or search engine search box, and come in the side door this way.

Further, if this method doesn't work, go to you search engine settings and clear the cache, then try to access again. TIP: if you're using Windows, you can easily get to the settings/clear dialog box with this shortcut keystroke: Ctrl + Shift + Delete. (using most popular browsers and search engines)

Give it a try.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Great article it covers alot of ground Jewell Loyd leaving early, would Geno still recruit Stewie in a One and done scenario. But BRS24 has it correct. Geno being Geno & people hoping he's around to coach a kid who is 3 right now. That would make Geno 76 years old not sure that a hint about anything pending.

Reaction Score

JS

Reaction Score
The headline is a stretch, intended for impact, IMO. It unjustifiably implies something is in view.

The remark was simply a wry reaction to a fan calling out for 10 more of what it's taken him his entire career to accumulate.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Even "hinted" is a stretch. I don't think he did. A hint implies some intent or purpose. But aside from anything else, I could listen to Geno all day. He, like Wooden, has a plan. He is decisive and purposive. And his way of looking at basketball and life makes more sense than what I hear from most others.

Reaction Score
He hinted that he's not going to coach literally forever. I'd be surprised if that's news to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom