Geno, here's a play for you. | The Boneyard

Geno, here's a play for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Couldn't sleep last night and so I was thinking about the team and different combinations and plays with those combination.

I came up with one and thought it would be very successful, even against Baylor and Griner.

Here goes...

Uconn is inbounding the ball from under the basket near their bench.

Faris - taking the ball in.
Stewart - on the baseline on the side of the court away from the bench
Dolson - at the 3 point line same side as Stewart
Hartley - to Dolsons left, at the 3 point line
Lewis - Baseline near Faris taking the ball in

Dolson screens for Hartley, freeing her to catch the inbound pass outside the 3 point line to the right of the foul line as she circles the 3 point line.

Dolson then turns to the baseline as moves to the foul line area. Stewart comes from the baseline to the 3 point line, rubbing off her defender on Dolsons 2nd screen at the foul line.

Hartley passes the ball to Stewart coming off the screen from Dolson at the 3 point line to the left of the foul line.

At the same time, Faris, after inbounding the ball, screens Lewis's defender and Lewis cuts to the 3 point line at the corner near the UConn bench.

Whew....lol....timing is everything.

At the point that Stewart has the ball and with Dolson's screen could be open for the 3. If the Dolson defender helps with Stewart, Dolson rolls to the hoop on the pick and roll. If not, Stewart should be open for the 3 pointer. If the switch is done well by the defense and the 3 is not open and Dolson is covered on the roll, Stewart passes the ball to Lewis in the corner for an open 3. And if that is not open, Lewis swings the ball back to Hartley for her open 3, or dribble penetration.

I hope I explained that right. I know it was very successful in my dream!!!!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Sounds more like a nightmare.

What if Baylor fronts the ball with Griner?

Reaction Score
Couldn't sleep last night and so I was thinking about the team and different combinations and plays with those combination.

I came up with one and thought it would be very successful, even against Baylor and Griner.

Here goes...

Uconn is inbounding the ball from under the basket near their bench.

Faris - taking the ball in.
Stewart - on the baseline on the side of the court away from the bench
Dolson - at the 3 point line same side as Stewart
Hartley - to Dolsons left, at the 3 point line
Lewis - Baseline near Faris taking the ball in

Dolson screens for Hartley, freeing her to catch the inbound pass outside the 3 point line to the right of the foul line as she circles the 3 point line.

Dolson then turns to the baseline as moves to the foul line area. Stewart comes from the baseline to the 3 point line, rubbing off her defender on Dolsons 2nd screen at the foul line.

Hartley passes the ball to Stewart coming off the screen from Dolson at the 3 point line to the left of the foul line.

At the same time, Faris, after inbounding the ball, screens Lewis's defender and Lewis cuts to the 3 point line at the corner near the UConn bench.

Whew....lol....timing is everything.

At the point that Stewart has the ball and with Dolson's screen could be open for the 3. If the Dolson defender helps with Stewart, Dolson rolls to the hoop on the pick and roll. If not, Stewart should be open for the 3 pointer. If the switch is done well by the defense and the 3 is not open and Dolson is covered on the roll, Stewart passes the ball to Lewis in the corner for an open 3. And if that is not open, Lewis swings the ball back to Hartley for her open 3, or dribble penetration.

I hope I explained that right. I know it was very successful in my dream!!!!

Actually, while the opponents are staring at the initial line-up on the perimeter, Faris bounces the ball off Griner's butt and converts the lay-up to win the game.

Reaction Score
Actually I'm still hung up on the bench being under the basket. (just busting on ya DD)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

I came up with one and thought it would be very successful, even against Baylor and Griner...........
Damn doggy, take some sleep meds. (NyQuil, Tylenol PM, Advil PM, melatonin, warm milk) :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom