Geno has set his ROTATION going into the NCAA's and Big East Tournaments | The Boneyard

Geno has set his ROTATION going into the NCAA's and Big East Tournaments

Reaction Score
I strongly believe that Geno and his coaching staff has set their rotation going into the Big East Tournament AND the upcoming NCAA Tournament. Your starting 5 clearly is Paige, Chirstyn, Evina, ONO and Nika, with Edwards and Aubrey Griffin coming in off the bench. Unless you see a blow out, you most likely will not see any of the other bench players for the remainder of this season (coming off of a reported Stress Fracture, I would extremely doubt that anyone will see much meaningful minutes for Anna Makurat. Fans will have to wait until next season to see what Anna can bring. Plath, Mir, Saylor and Autumn will encourage their teammates on to victor from the bench). It will be from these 7 players, that this team will attempt to capture a National Championship this season.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Anna didn't suffer her injury when she stopped playing happened month/s earlier maybe she will be back sooner. The top 7 are good, adding her back to make it the top 8 even better

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
With tournament games in BE stacked on top of each other, Geno may find minutes in early game for an extended bench just to make sure the primary rotation remains fresh for the next games. Same goes for the early NCAAs.

Who knows what shape Anna will be in. Players do come back and contribute quickly if their general conditioning and their mental focus has remained sharp. We shall see.

Agree that the top 7 look to be defined.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That 7 player rotation has been the rotation since Anna has been injured. I don't see a need for Geno to fix a rotation for the BE conference tournament. Unless I missed it UCONN has not provided any details on Anna injury beyond "Lower leg injury" which was reported several weeks ago in the courant. Where was a stress fractured for Anna "reported" by UCONN?

Reaction Score
That 7 player rotation has been the rotation since Anna has been injured. I don't see a need for Geno to fix a rotation for the BE conference tournament. Unless I missed it UCONN has not provided any details on Anna injury beyond "Lower leg injury" which was reported several weeks ago in the courant. Where was a stress fractured for Anna "reported" by UCONN?

The SNY Broadcast Team during yesterday's game, indicated that the "Soft Cast" was off of Anna's leg, coming off of the "Stress Fracture" injury. Replay the game and you will hear them mentioned it clearly.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The SNY Broadcast Team during yesterday's game, indicated that the "Soft Cast" was off of Anna's leg, coming off of the "Stress Fracture" injury. Replay the game and you will hear them mentioned in clearly.
Yes, I heard as well and saw Anna was no longer wearing a cast. She had cast for six weeks. Stress fractures generally take 6 to 8 weeks to heal. I would expect to see Anna on the floor only if UConn gets in trouble if one of the current starting five or Aaliyah falter.

Reaction Score
Agree on that rotation, with the wildcard of course being Anna. It will be interesting to see who's minutes are reduced upon her return. I would think it would be Nika, but given her excellent play the last several games, and the chemistry she has on the floor with other key starters, there may not be a whole lot of minutes for Anna upon her return. So Anna is probably going to have to more or less play her way back into the lineup.

Reaction Score
Agree on that rotation, with the wildcard of course being Anna. It will be interesting to see who's minutes are reduced upon her return. I would think it would be Nika, but given her excellent play the last several games, and the chemistry she has on the floor with other key starters, there may not be a whole lot of minutes for Anna upon her return. So Anna is probably going to have to more or less play her way back into the lineup.
Remember Anna is not a bad defender when healthy. She’s also 6’1” and can shoot. She is also a good passer. If she is fully healthy Geno and fans should have no issue with her getting minutes.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Remember Anna is not a bad defender when healthy. She’s also 6’1” and can shoot. She is also a good passer. If she is fully healthy Geno and fans should have no issue with her getting minutes.
If Griffin is truly 6'1", then Anna is 6'2". Look at them in the pictures in which they are standing next to each other.

Reaction Score
Is Mir such a bad practice player that she doesn't even get in at garbage time ? It's too bad. I thought she would be a real contributor.

Reaction Score
It would be very good to have Anna back. She also has tournament experience which of course none of the freshmen have. It is not uncommon for even great freshmen to have jitters late in the tournament.

Reaction Score
I strongly believe that Geno and his coaching staff has set their rotation going into the Big East Tournament AND the upcoming NCAA Tournament. Your starting 5 clearly is Paige, Chirstyn, Evina, ONO and Nika, with Edwards and Aubrey Griffin coming in off the bench. Unless you see a blow out, you most likely will not see any of the other bench players for the remainder of this season (coming off of a reported Stress Fracture, I would extremely doubt that anyone will see much meaningful minutes for Anna Makurat. Fans will have to wait until next season to see what Anna can bring. Plath, Mir, Saylor and Autumn will encourage their teammates on to victor from the bench). It will be from these 7 players, that this team will attempt to capture a National Championship this season.
I believe he needs an 8th player in the rotation. Mir was an all american in high school and can give decent minutes if necessary

Reaction Score
Remember that the early rounds of these tourneys don't have a lot of time between them so playing 8 or so to keep fresh legs for later rounds isn't a bad idea. Our depth compared to most teams in the early rounds is a plus and gaining tournament experience is a leg up. Geno develops players he feels that can grow and fit future plans.

Reaction Score
I believe he needs an 8th player in the rotation. Mir was an all american in high school and can give decent minutes if necessary
I certainly agree with needing an eighth player but am not sure Mir can play functionally within the offense yet. I think (if healthy) that player would be Anna for sure. If Anna is unable to play then I think it will stay at seven with occasional short looks at Mir, Saylor, and Piath in the early rounds.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
The SNY Broadcast Team during yesterday's game, indicated that the "Soft Cast" was off of Anna's leg, coming off of the "Stress Fracture" injury. Replay the game and you will hear them mentioned it clearly.
SNY yes, UConn not that I heard it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Geno has mentioned several times that his hope is for Anna to be back at the BE tournament. If she is healthy, I expect Geno to give her some PT in the conference tournament. How much she plays will depend on just how effective she can be after the layoff. Certainly, if she knocks down shots and drops dimes on offense, that will add one more weapon to UConn’s already formidable offense.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
SNY yes, UConn not that I heard it.

Most, if not all, schools educate coaches, athletic trainers, and team personnel about violations of HIPAA regulations. They are motivated to do so by the financial penalties for violations which can amount to as much as $25,000 per incident, in addition to some unneeded negative PR.

Reaction Score
Most, if not all, schools educate coaches, athletic trainers, and team personnel about violations of HIPAA regulations. They are motivated to do so by the financial penalties for violations which can amount to as much as $25,000 per incident, in addition to some unneeded negative PR.

Then, if this is true, I would assume that UCONN could file a HIPAA Lawsuit against the SNY broadcast team (Alan and Megan) - (although I highly doubt that the Athletic Department at UCONN, nor Geno and his coaching staff are going to file a HIPAA violation against SNY)

Reaction Score
Then, if this is true, I would assume that UCONN could file a HIPAA Lawsuit against the SNY broadcast team (Alan and Megan) - (although I highly doubt that the Athletic Department at UCONN, nor Geno and his coaching staff are going to file a HIPAA violation against SNY)

Fortunately I haven’t been involved in any such cases, but the education I have received on HIPAA would indicate that the person whose PHI was released would be the one who filed the complaint. All I know for sure is that the people coaches answer to are adamant that you err on the side of caution when discussing any squad member’s PHI.

Reaction Score
Is Anna even practicing? She's needs to get her rhythm, shooting touch & endurance back at game speed. If she doesnt get meaningful minutes next weekend in the BE tourney, I dont think she could help much in the tournament.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Is Anna even practicing? She's needs to get her rhythm, shooting touch & endurance back at game speed. If she doesnt get meaningful minutes next weekend in the BE tourney, I dont think she could help much in the tournament.
Geno had mentioned week ago that Anna is shooting, lifting weights and working on her cardio on the excercise bike. Don’t know if she’s able to run just yet.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Is Mir such a bad practice player that she doesn't even get in at garbage time ? It's too bad. I thought she would be a real contributor.
Completely agree. Based solely off in game play, she should be getting regular time. Very disruptive.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I do not think it is specific to her practice habits as much as it is with her speed in picking up and processing Uconn's offensive and defensive concepts. Geno's offensive system is complex with specific reads and specific reactions required off those reads - young players learn at different speeds and Mir seems to have taken longer to 'get it'. Sames happens on the defensive side. HS defense is generally an after thought and AAU is kept basic because most teams are gathered from wide geographic areas and practice intermittently.

When Mir has gotten in games she looks somewhat lost and her best plays have generally been solo efforts or post ups. When she gets the ball down low, she usually shoots regardless of the defense she faces.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom