Geno has a good golf swing! | The Boneyard

Geno has a good golf swing!

Reaction Score
Just saw it for the first time on the 3rd installment of the HBO special. For a first swing of the season, he looks damn good!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Nice hips, good follow through, good steady head. Better than most handicappers. Hits the ball nice and straight. Wish I did.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Just saw it for the first time on the 3rd installment of the HBO special. For a first swing of the season, he looks damn good!
Yes, easy and balanced. I also noticed that the course he belongs to (Which UConn pays for) appears to be very nice.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I was impressed also, as was Geno himself!

I was trying to figure out the course - I am guessing Hartford Golf Club, where his charity tournament is held. Does anyone know if that is where he is a member?

Reaction Score
I was impressed also, as was Geno himself!

I was trying to figure out the course - I am guessing Hartford Golf Club, where his charity tournament is held. Does anyone know if that is where he is a member?

Look him up on GHIN and evidently that is where he is a member, and his index is 7.3, so he can obviously play a little bit.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Look him up on GHIN and evidently that is where he is a member, and his index is 7.3, so he can obviously play a little bit.

Wow, he looked pretty good but I was guessing about a 12. Generous with the Mulligans and gimmes? Or maybe it's a different Geno Auriemma.:D

Reaction Score
Mid season form on the first iron - very solid swing. Geno's a stick!

Reaction Score
Wow, he looked pretty good but I was guessing about a 12. Generous with the Mulligans and gimmes? Or maybe it's a different Geno Auriemma.:D

He has Tournament score of 80, so probably no gimmes/mulligans.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I stand corrected. Impressive!
I wonder if it's tough being Geno's partner on a golf course. Imagine playing best ball, and you miss a 3 footer on 18 for the match?

Reaction Score
The course looks like Pine Valley in Southington, which is very near ESPN, but I could be wrong.

His swing is amazing: balanced, good swing lines, great tempo. He has one of those "easy on the back" follow through moves which is a sign of someone who has played a LOT of golf in their lifetime.

I was surprised. I imagine he has "owned" several rival coaches over the years. If he can putt at all he has to be one of the best golfers wherever he goes.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
OT note: the Hartford Golf Club hosted the 2008 USGA Girls Jr....biggest event in junior golf....17U.
I went to see THE supposed hotshot of the entrants. Alexis Thompson did win the tournament....now Lexi
Thompson....better for marketing. She was clearly the class of the field and now [22 or so] is in the world top 10....I believe she is the highest ranking American.
She has won a major....maybe around 5 other tournaments. Very entertaining to watch....long hitter....kind of a 'caddy swing'...looks
a bit unpolished but it is effective. Putting is a relative weakness. Improve that area and she can challenge all the international players for World #1.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
His swing is amazing: balanced, good swing lines, great tempo. He has one of those "easy on the back" follow through moves which is a sign of someone who has played a LOT of golf in their lifetime.
I've played a LOT of golf in my lifetime and my swing looks like a train wreck. :(

Reaction Score
definitely a single digit swing..
Did he hit the only ball that said "Uconn's March to Madness" ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom