Geno enjoyed the 15,000 fans

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
upload_2017-12-6_10-2-12.png

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
There is lots of buzz about this UConn team, for a variety of reasons. Reclaim the crown, talented players who are easy to root for, arrival of new talent, etc. This will be a truly memorable season, nothing like being there to see it unfold.

Also, other factors leading to the large crowd:

Great opponent, our biggest rival

Weekend game

Afternoon game

First home game in a while, and not many home games early in the year

Good weather made travel fairly easy

A lot of great memories over the years of UConn games in that venue, men and women. Sunday's game may now be at the top of my list. Right up there with the men's wins against Georgetown and Syracuse in 1990, the dream season.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This was a RIVALRY game (the one game that you circle on the calendar every year). Whenever your biggest rival comes to town, you go to the game. Since the UConn/Tennessee WBB estrangement, ND has become UConn's biggest and most serious rival. Ask Skyler Diggins/Bria Hartley if they could only beat 1 team during the season, who would it be. The reverse is also true. The Irish does not have any trouble selling tickets in South Bend when UConn comes to town.

The game is usually sold out the first day the tickets go on sale in South Bend. That game is the local scalper's biggest WCBB game day of the year. People that failed to get their tickets early, will begrudgingly pay extra for the privilege of attending the game.

This game was also the first chance many of the locals had to see the newbies and transfers in person. They knew this game had all the earmarks of a great game, and they wanted to be part of it. Where do you think this game will be played in 2019 when the Irish come to town once again?

One more observation - 15,000 fans in attendance at any UConn home game is very impressive to any potential recruit(s) that may be in attendance, and also let's the coaching staff know they're doing something right!! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
To summarize what you just said: unless it is made very convenient they ain't worth going out to see.

There is lots of buzz about this UConn team, for a variety of reasons. Reclaim the crown, talented players who are easy to root for, arrival of new talent, etc. This will be a truly memorable season, nothing like being there to see it unfold.

Also, other factors leading to the large crowd:

Great opponent, our biggest rival

Weekend game

Afternoon game

First home game in a while, and not many home games early in the year

Good weather made travel fairly easy

A lot of great memories over the years of UConn games in that venue, men and women. Sunday's game may now be at the top of my list. Right up there with the men's wins against Georgetown and Syracuse in 1990, the dream season.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
To summarize what you just said: unless it is made very convenient they ain't worth going out to see.
Are you a senior citizen that has trouble getting around on icy sidewalks or who fatigues easily due to health or age related reasons, or one who depends on a family member to drive you around because you gave up driving? If not, keep your snark to yourself.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score

Whoa, where did that come from? I didn`t mean that at all.

I have season tix to Gampel and XL, tickets to Albany, and tickets to Columbus. So you ain`t talking about me.

But it is great for, among others, families with kids who aren`t able to bring them up to Gampel on a weeknight, which was the situation with Baylor and SC last year.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Whoa, where did that come from? I didn`t mean that at all.

I have season tix to Gampel and XL, tickets to Albany, and tickets to Columbus. So you ain`t talking about me.

But it is great for, among others, families with kids who aren`t able to bring them up to Gampel on a weeknight, which was the situation with Baylor and SC last year.

:D:D:D:D:D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom