Geno discusses UConn’s COVID problems, provides updates on injured players | The Boneyard

Geno discusses UConn’s COVID problems, provides updates on injured players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Apologies if this has already been posted. I checked, I didn't see it.

The details of the Huskies’ COVID issues are finally coming to light.

Geno is “not too optimistic” due to the COVID-19 problems within the Huskies’ program, the coach said during his radio show on 97.9 ESPN. “If someone comes off the (COVID) protocols, they still need five days of practice before they’re going to be able to play,”

He said one player tested positive while they were still home for the holidays and didn’t return to campus with the rest of the team on Dec. 26. A handful of others — the coach didn’t specify how many — had symptoms when they arrived and “a couple” tested positive right away followed by “a couple more” a few days later. :(

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not good news at all. So bummed for the players and the team, as well as the fans who had such high hopes for the season. Has to be really rough on the players. Fingers and toes crossed for full recoveries and all players returning (including the injured ones) later in the season.

Reaction Score
Considering what is currently going on with the agency (locking down operations indefinitely) that employs me, I'm not surprised.
I think the whole college BB season might get put on hold for a couple of months.
Please don't jump on me.
I don't enjoy saying it any more than you enjoy hearing it.
I'm already climbing the walls, suffering from Husky-withdrawal.
On the up side, plenty of time for our wounded to recuperate.
Maybe they can even find out what's ailing Aubrey's back and provide her with some relief.

Reaction Score
Apologies if this has already been posted. I checked, I didn't see it.

The details of the Huskies’ COVID issues are finally coming to light.

Geno is “not too optimistic” due to the COVID-19 problems within the Huskies’ program, the coach said during his radio show on 97.9 ESPN. “If someone comes off the (COVID) protocols, they still need five days of practice before they’re going to be able to play,”

He said one player tested positive while they were still home for the holidays and didn’t return to campus with the rest of the team on Dec. 26. A handful of others — the coach didn’t specify how many — had symptoms when they arrived and “a couple” tested positive right away followed by “a couple more” a few days later. :(

Yes, this has been released already. Long enough for the volidiots to lose their * over the 5 days of practice part of his statement.

Reaction Score
Considering what is currently going on with the agency (locking down operations indefinitely) that employs me, I'm not surprised.
I think the whole college BB season might get put on hold for a couple of months.
Please don't jump on me.
I don't enjoy saying it any more than you enjoy hearing it.
I'm already climbing the walls, suffering from Husky-withdrawal.
On the up side, plenty of time for our wounded to recuperate.
Maybe they can even find out what's ailing Aubrey's back and provide her with some relief.

No chance they put anything on "hold" for a couple months. They won't extend the season past April.

By the end of January it's likely the majority of players will have already been infected and cases will plummet and we'll be able to continue with minimal disruptions.

Reaction Score
Yes, this has been released already. Long enough for the volidiots to lose their * over the 5 days of practice part of his statement.
Maybe we are taking the 5-day thing too literally. Like maybe he just meant that even after everyone is out of isolation it'll take five days just to get everyone back up to speed (i.e. hey fans don't expect our first game out of quarantine to be pretty when we've had one practice in the last three weeks), and not necessarily that they can't/won't play until they get an additional five day break to practice. The conspiracy theories around these cancellations is pretty laughable considering that all of the cancellations were not entirely because of UConn and today marks day 8 (not "weeks" others would have you believe) of the cancellations. This is just another way the unbalanced Big East schedule sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom