Geno discusses the depth in the Post and how Piath in particular may surprise. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Geno discusses the depth in the Post and how Piath in particular may surprise.

Reaction Score
With the addition of Dorka and Amari I would be pleasantly surprised if Piath contributions improve significantly over last season. That's not to say Piath will not have improved as a player. In addition to Dorka and Amari there is also Saylor and MIr both contending for minutes at big forward position . Both Mir and Saylor averaged more minutes per game than Piath did last year. Mir also has the advantage of being a contributor in a few meaningful games last year (TN, Arkansas-11 Minutes, Marquette-1st game). Based on Geno comments sounds like the plan is to use Saylor as a big that can shoot from the outside-"stretch 4 mode".
I don't mean to be skeptical but there's player of the week in preseason practice and player of the week on game day.........unless she's improved a whole lot, I view Piath's value this season as an additional five fouls to be used against super big teams like South Carolina and Stanford........otherwise she'll be a fourth quarter player as was expected.......hopefully down the road she'll be more of a contributor.......

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't mean to be skeptical but there's player of the week in preseason practice and player of the week on game day.........unless she's improved a whole lot, I view Piath's value this season as an additional five fouls to be used against super big teams like South Carolina and Stanford........otherwise she'll be a fourth quarter player as was expected.......hopefully down the road she'll be more of a contributor.......
You are not being skeptical, just realistic. Geno really doesn't subscribe to that "use designated player for extra fouls" either so Piath will need to bring more to the table than just 5 fouls to earn minutes.

Reaction Score
You are not being skeptical, just realistic. Geno really doesn't subscribe to that "use designated player for extra fouls" either so Piath will need to bring more to the table than just 5 fouls to earn minutes.
perhaps not but if she's that much improved, throwing her out there for three minutes against a Boston or Cardoso to draw fouls among other things is not a bad strategy.......

Reaction Score
I don't see how that is any different than Geno saying Piath was the player of the week for UCONN last week. It is preseason and we are starved for news and quotes and sound bites. I forget the player but Geno spent a recent pre-season hyping up a player who everyone though was surely going to be a starter or big contributor. When the reporter asked Geno what happened to the player Geno said (Paraphrased); What happened was November came around and we had some real games to play.

I recall years ago after DT graduated, the next season, 04-05, Geno spoke in preseason how everyone got better. And we know what happened that year. 25-8.

Reaction Score
I loved watching Gabby play.
Always seemed to zoom by, stuff, crash boards hard; was really a force of nature.
I loved watching her play and to see her blossom as a guard in her professional career is special. She has so many skills to help a team win games. Defense, rebounding, transition game, penetrating to the hoop, and now the outside game. A really complete player now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom