Geno discusses Maryland | The Boneyard

Geno discusses Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Great
He has Queen Elizabeth's heavy cold...my wife too.
Intersting stuff about Kia, Saniya, Dangerfield...the big project of the moment...losing patience?
The football thing comes up...great respect for the AD is interesting.
And surprise Chloe...

Reaction Score
It always sounds like they are conducting these interviews on a factory floor or garage, especially the post game interviews of the players.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Thanks, Aluminny69!

Most sports interviews are either (1) a tedious exercise in saying nothing, or (2) a schmooze fest where praise is handed out indiscriminately; and in both cases, cliche's rule the day.

However, Geno listens to the questions, and answers them candidly and honestly. Really good stuff.

At around 8:10, my favorite quote of the interview, in the context of discussing Crystal: "...patience is a good thing to a point...the more patient you are with people the longer they take...there comes a point when you're a little impatient, they hurry up...."

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Bad coincidence. I too have the flu. Fever, headache, cough, stuffy nose, the runs. Not good. I hope none of the team has this. Very not good.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Speaking of people discussing the Maryland game. The Maryland men had a game tonight vs Illinois. During that game about midway through the 1st half the announcers cut to Kara Lawson and what she thought the Terp women had to do to beat UConn she goes and gives her points and they come back to the men's game commentators.

Here is where is gets interesting. The announcers start talking about the upcoming women's game and one guy says "The only way Maryland wins this game is if the UConn girls bus breaks down." The other guy says "C'mon now. They could be channeling the ghost of Kristi Tolliver." Then the 1st guy says "She won't be walking through that door. They are on some kind of run." If you want to hear it word for word you can find it on WatchESPN.

It was so random I was on the elliptical at the gym and I see UConn flash up on the screen during the men's game. Insane. Funny to hear their thoughts though. Even the obviously Maryland based commentator didn't think the Terps were gonna win.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Speaking of people discussing the Maryland game. The Maryland men had a game tonight vs Illinois. During that game about midway through the 1st half the announcers cut to Kara Lawson and what she thought the Terp women had to do to beat UConn she goes and gives her points and they come back to the men's game commentators.

Here is where is gets interesting. The announcers start talking about the upcoming women's game and one guy says "The only way Maryland wins this game is if the UConn girls bus breaks down." The other guy says "C'mon now. They could be channeling the ghost of Kristi Tolliver." Then the 1st guy says "She won't be walking through that door. They are on some kind of run." If you want to hear it word for word you can find it on WatchESPN.

It was so random I was on the elliptical at the gym and I see UConn flash up on the screen during the men's game. Insane. Funny to hear their thoughts though. Even the obviously Maryland based commentator didn't think the Terps were gonna win.

Seems like a fire-able offense. :rolleyes:

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Nobody noticed the beard is back? I guess when you're sick, grooming becomes low priority.

Reaction Score

I think Maryland has a good shot. They really didn't lose anyone from last year's team, and we barely pulled out a win with the big three, plus this year the game's at their place.

Reaction Score
Hey we have an insider to help with the scout as Brenda is a great coach ;)

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Nobody noticed the beard is back? I guess when you're sick, grooming becomes low priority.
It struck me as the Dr. Gregory House look.

Reaction Score
In addition to Chloe, Maryland graduated Brene Moseley, Malina Howard and Tierney Pfirman. They were all contributors.
I guess "we have Chloe and they don't" will take on a new and interesting meaning? Very definitive and matter of fact. ;)

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
In addition to Chloe, Maryland graduated Brene Moseley, Malina Howard and Tierney Pfirman. They were all contributors.
I was just going to say... They definitely lost some leadership and a bit of productivity. Not saying they don't have a shot just saying they aren't the same team as last year and neither are we. They are relying on some freshmen as well this year.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Even crazier, I was flipping through channels last night and stopped at the Michigan St - Minnesota men's game for a moment. I only caught it seemed like in the middle of the conversation, but they were talking about UCONN. How they don't have a down year, they just reload. They talked about how they had lost the big 3 to the draft last year, but other players were picking up the slack. They named Samuelson, Williams, Collier (by name). And right near the end of their little foray into WBB, one of them mentions Molly Bent had been giving UCONN some minutes at guard. :eek: This was the in-game announcers, not the studio guys, during the game. They were actually dropping Bent's name, during a men's game.

They were comparing UCONN to the Duke's, Michigan St's, etc. of the men's game in that the winning mentality is so ingrained in the program, that it just gets passed down from one generation of players to the next. That they never really have an off year, they are in the conversation year after year whoever is playing for them. Pretty cool really.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
He had that last game too. And nothing wrong with beards. ;^)
First, it's more five o'clock shadow than a beard. But, if I remember correctly, Geno had the growth when interviewed at the half of the Ohio State game, but was clean shaven for the Nebraska game. I certainly can sympathize since I don't shave every day either. But then again, I'm not on national TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom