Geno....Dee Rowe....very cool! | The Boneyard

Geno....Dee Rowe....very cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
From the Courant this morning: Dee Rowe was an assistant coach on the 1980 men's basketball team [Dave Gavitt the head coach]...but the USA boycott of the Moscow Olympics prevented him from being part of the event. He is headed to London later this week to be part of the UConn delegation...in part thanks to one Geno Auriemma. Great for Dee....classy move by Geno.

UConn has no better representative than Dee.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Wow and good for Geno for helping make that a reality.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Thank you Nan...what a great link!

BTW: a couple of years ago I was down at Gampel to watch our kids play in the fall. Who walks in and sits down about 20 yards away but Dee Rowe.
I didn't know him at all but felt like I did and went over to say hi and say 'thanks'. Well...we wound up watching the kids play and chatted about olde time
hoops in New England....tossing names back and forth....it was just great. He could not have been friendlier.

He said that when he would get tired of his office duties, he would come over to Gampel to watch the kids practice...men and women...he said it energized him.
He was clearly crazy about both geno and Jim Calhoun. Uconn doesn't have a finer ambassador....great job by Geno to arrange for London.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom