Geno contract / CR tie | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno contract / CR tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To me, seeing Uconn invest this much money in a coach suggests the Administration is thinking beyond the new conference. If they think they are going to be in the Metro american 12 for a long time, would they invest tons of money on women's BB? Maybe I am being an optimist and maybe they waited to see exactly what the new TV deals would look like before signing Geno. but between this and the recent front-end loaded FB schedules of home and home games, my own CK says they are planning to be somewhere else in a year or two

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I wouldn't read too much into it. They have the run out money for 5-7 years so they are covered for the length of the contract.

I've met him a handful of times and he's about the biggest I've ever met but he earned the deal.

Reaction Score
Geno and the monster program he built are worth every penny. Geno has been an investment that has paid for itself many times over.

Reaction Score
Geno's just a cool dude, and he's part of what makes UConn what it is. They've made the sweet 16 20 years in a row. Twenty. Years. In a row. I was a toddler the last time they didn't get there. And after that, the 90 game win streak, 13 final fours, 7 national championships, and becoming a member of the basketball hall of fame, the guy still doesn't get very much respect in the grand scheme of sports.

And he's more OK with that than most people would be. I don't know how many opportunities he's had to jump ship to a men's program, but I'll bet he's been asked and continues to be asked. And even with the hand we've been dealt in conference realignment, he's committed to the school. It's nice to see someone who knows that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

The extension is well deserved. Hope they can hang an 8th banner this year and be a very bright spot in a frustrating time for Husky fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom