Geno "Congratulates" The Recruits | The Boneyard

Geno "Congratulates" The Recruits

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
On the making of the McD's AA Game teams. His unmistakable style:

“I can’t say I’m surprised. I’m happy for them, really proud of them," Auriemma said before the game. "We’re getting two exceptional people who happen to be exceptionally good basketball players. They deserve it. It’s a great honor. Then I hope they forget about it because once they get here, it’s going to mean absolutely nothing [laughs].”

Katie Lou Samuelson Injures Ankle In UConn's Victory Over Tulsa

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score

“I can’t say I’m surprised. I’m happy for them, really proud of them," Auriemma said before the game. "We’re getting two exceptional people who happen to be exceptionally good basketball players. They deserve it. It’s a great honor. Then I hope they forget about it because once they get here, it’s going to mean absolutely nothing [laughs].”

Classic Geno. Love it.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Feels appropriate right now:

Taketh.jpg

Reaction Score

Not only won’t it mean anything but Geno will turn to CD in practice, like he did a couple of years ago, and ask her loudly so that the camera can pick it up: remind me why we recruited these guys.

Reaction Score

Katie Lou Samuelson Injures Ankle In UConn's Vctory Over Tulsa

Like most "awards" in life they are fleeting and have momentary importance. Yet it was nice of Geno to acknowledge their getting on the Mc D game schedule. You can believe that was not of his current highest priority. I'm fairly sure he hopes they will "get it" early next spring.

Geno on Tx game:
t almost wasn’t about as much that we got outrebounded, it bothered me that we had guys that played 25-26 minutes that didn’t get an offensive rebound,” Auriemma said. “We can’t change our size, but we can execute a lot better than we did.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
“Lou turned her ankle,” coach Geno Auriemma said. “We'll know more [Friday] but it doesn't look good right now.”

Camara still has the knee injury problem

Dangerfield is suffering from shin splints

Gabby has a hip injury...

Yikes!!

Reaction Score
“Lou turned her ankle,” coach Geno Auriemma said. “We'll know more [Friday] but it doesn't look good right now.”

Camara still has the knee injury problem

Dangerfield is suffering from shin splints

Gabby has a hip injury...

Yikes!!

Gabby has a hip problem?? I thought it was an ankle?? Yipes, 3 starters with semi or full serious injures--The ONE bench player with Div 1--from what I see--is hobbled with braces??
I hope Geno gets a big bonus --he's earning his keep this year. You can't build a Uconn player in the engineering lab--more's the pitty!

Reaction Score
Not only won’t it mean anything but Geno will turn to CD in practice, like he did a couple of years ago, and ask her loudly so that the camera can pick it up: remind me why we recruited these guys.
You mean---Geno did say that this week??

Reaction Score

"ain't that the truth".............M Walker.............:rolleyes:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Seems Adamec caught another line to Geno's McDonald's AA chuckle:

It's a great honor. It's well deserved. And I hope they enjoy the whole experience. And then I hope they forget about it, because when they get here it means absolutely nothing. They can still go eat at McDonalds, but that ain't going to get them diddly."

Samuelson, Williams injuries leave Huskies hurting

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

Yet he moans that the reason UCONN beat Tulsa is because of the All Americans. He is being a doofus and we all see it.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Yet he moans that the reason UCONN beat Tulsa is because of the All Americans. He is being a doofus and we all see it.

I think the point he's making is the team was outworked and out-executed. He's made similar comments before.

My biggest issue is it "confirms" the dumb assertions that UConn gets all the best players and that's why they win. Geno, in his less angry moments, realizes that's not the case.

Reaction Score
As an older Yogi would say,"players today have injuries in places where we didn't even have place".Shin splints were called a sore leg,hip flexor was a bad hip etc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom