Geno compares Megan to Maya | The Boneyard

Geno compares Megan to Maya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"But when you look at Meg, you can see, there isn't any part of the game [where] she can't have an impact on the court. Because she's big enough to be able to pull it off. I don't want to compare her to Maya Moore one iota, but she's got that same body type, that same ability to play different spots on the floor. Now the trick is going to be to see, can she come in here as a freshman and from day one physically be ready and compete like Maya did? That we won't know until she gets here."

Megan Walker Loved Storrs, Facilities, And Playing For A 'Legend'

Reaction Score
I got some gripes in my thread last week: Is Megan the next Maya?
I guess Geno and I think alike.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
One fun thing for fans to do is to try to figure out what players are going to be all time greats and how you rank them. Thinking about it the other day, I think it's pretty clear that Dee, Maya and Stewie are at the top of the list for all time greats. But there are several players who I would put in tier 1A - Sue, Moriah, Tina, and maybe 1 or 2 others - players who maybe won a Naismith, or NLK award or 2, but are just a smidge below the top of the top.

The next tier would include players like KML, Lobo, Bascom, Wolters, Sales, Abrosimova, Strother, Montgomery, and maybe a few others. These are players who were just awesome at UCONN, but not in the top 2 groups, who mostly are all also multiple Olympians (or future Olympians in the case of Moriah).

Which brings us to our current crop of #1 or 2 players - just how good will they be? KLS and Megan - it would be incredibly hard for either of them to achieve what the Holy Trinity did. But both could certainly do enough to go in the 1A group. Time will tell, but how blessed are we to even be able to have this conversation??!!!

Reaction Score
If Megan is as good as Maya then there will be a lot of "is Uconn good for the game" chit chat going on again from coast to coast.I have a feeling that the talent surrounding Megan will be much deeper,and she may even have more high quality teammates than Maya did especially when she was a senior.One of the most courageous efforts of all time was Maya's last game when she was playing on fumes and still having an outstanding performance vs. Notre Dame.The hits may just keep on a comin' in 2018 and 2019 on the recruiting front and if it does Megan will be playing on olympic team lite for four years.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Look at the videos of Megan. She has size and skills a lot like Maya.

Maya was unique. She has a confidence, inner compass, and motor that separate her. I don't know how Megan stacks up in those regards. But watch the videos. Some folks thought Meg was the best player in the country last year, better than Cox, Holmes, Dangerfield, et al. She plays about 2-3 years ahead of her actual age.

Megan Walker's Highlights

Reaction Score
Maya was unique. She has a confidence, inner compass, and motor that separate her.
+1000
Maya was--and is--perfect in every way. Whatever she says, whatever she does, however she plays, it's always with grace and elegance and with the perfect timing. Perhaps the most graceful human being I've ever witnessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom