Geno can feel it coming | The Boneyard

Geno can feel it coming

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The Huskies haven’t shot particularly well of late. Dangerfield is 19 for her last 50 from the floor. Samuelson — the nation’s most accurate 3-point shooter a year ago — has made just 7 of her last 27 attempts from beyond the arc.

Auriemma believes that could soon change, though.

“We are probably due to shoot the ball really, really well,” he said. “We didn’t shoot it that bad against SMU. I thought we shot it pretty good, but I think we could shoot it great. I feel it coming, I can see it in practice. More guys are starting to make more shots
.”

A battle of contrasting styles when UCF visits UConn women

Reaction Score
The Huskies haven’t shot particularly well of late. Dangerfield is 19 for her last 50 from the floor. Samuelson — the nation’s most accurate 3-point shooter a year ago — has made just 7 of her last 27 attempts from beyond the arc.

“We are probably due to shoot the ball really, really well,” he said. “We didn’t shoot it that bad against SMU. I thought we shot it pretty good, but I think we could shoot it great. I feel it coming, I can see it in practice. More guys are starting to make more shots
.”

today's game would be the ideal game to get that shooting touch back as UCF is a very good rebounding team so second shots will be tough to get.................

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
One of the trends I’ve noticed this season is that UConn’s shooting has been particularly bad in games with early start times, when the team does not have a morning “shoot around.” The UCF game has a 4:00 pm start time at the XL Center. UConn will have plenty of time for a vigorous shoot around beforehand. I expect the Huskies to be Locked & Loaded come game time.

Reaction Score
The Independent Variable in this Science Experiment is whether or not UConn makes the defense move before the shot is attempted. The term often used on TV is "shooting in rhythm". Same holds true for all basketball, including NBA. As exciting as it is for Kyrie to dribble down the floor and pull from 30 feet, it is the definition of a bad shot, and the chance for an offensive rebound is slim and none and slim left town.
The defense moves when the offense passes to a post, when the offense swings the ball to the opposite side of the floor, and when there is penetration, pass or dribble.
That's what I'm looking for today. IMO if they do that on O, they will shoot well because they are good shooters. I continue to contend that they did not do a good job of this against Baylor.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Remember when UConn was known for its physicality???

1548603244182.png

PS. Call me superstitious, but I sorta wish Geno had sat on his hunch.

Reaction Score
And if they get shots in transition, when they have the advantage, 2 on 1, 3 on 2, 4 on 3, or 5 on 4. This automatically creates a "shot in rhythm" and a 2nd chance opportunity.
Can't wait to see the team push the tempo with their D and their conditioning.
I'm psyched for this game!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
One of the trends I’ve noticed this season is that UConn’s shooting has been particularly bad in games with early start times, when the team does not have a morning “shoot around.” The UCF game has a 4:00 pm start time at the XL Center. UConn will have plenty of time for a vigorous shoot around beforehand. I expect the Huskies to be Locked & Loaded come game time.
Thanks for the info on game time. The UConn site says 2:05.

Reaction Score
Remember when UConn was known for its physicality???

View attachment 38793
PS. Call me superstitious, but I sorta wish Geno had sat on his hunch.
I think the players want to prove him wrong. I heard that in the interviews. They know Geno has their best interests in his heart. We all witnessed that in the HBO series. Saniya Chong's Mom knew, with tears in her eyes, that Saniya had grown up as a successful young woman at UConn.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

Perhaps Geno should run plays for the best three point shooters of late, Walker and Bent.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

.”

I think this coach knows his team pretty well. UCONN shooting 80% late into the 2nd quarter against UCF.

Reaction Score
That first half was vintage UConn. There was no way they were going to shoot 80% for the entire game. The third quarter was not good to start, but they maintained the margin with defense. Still room for improvement, but they ARE improving. There isn't any apparent backsliding and there is incremental improvement with each game. If they can keep building on this so that they are peaking for the tournament, they will be tough to beat.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Definitely something to build on today, though the 3rd quarter cold spell still lingered.

Reaction Score
Geno played it perfectly. Team was hitting on all cylinders. Full-court trapping forced a million turnovers and subsequent easy transition hoops. Team rebounded well on both ends. Offensive execution was crisp. Passing, moving, cutting, great shot selection.
He took his foot off the gas. None of us wanted him to. Like the announcers said, Thursday could lock us up for a one seed. Will be interesting to see Geno’s strategy on Thursday. Looks like the team’s bought into it for sure.
The team didn’t play as well when he called off the press and backed everyone up. Personally I’d love to see us pressure all game. (Sorry, my bible is the 30 for 30, Guru of Go.) I think we are best when we’re defending three-quarter court. Looks like he has a couple of looks three quarter court. Seems like UCF didn’t know what was coming.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom