Geno - By the end of next year, ‘I am going to be saying we wouldn’t have won the national championship without her’ | The Boneyard

Geno - By the end of next year, ‘I am going to be saying we wouldn’t have won the national championship without her’

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
He's as bad as the boneyard in anticipation

""By herself, she can’t win anything. But with the people I think we are going to surround her with, I think we can do great things.” "

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Also; "

“When [Stewart] was a freshman, she took that hard, because the game was so easy in November and everybody was like, ‘Damn, this kid is the like second coming.’ Until reality set in and it was like, ‘Damn, this is going to really hard.’ Paige is in for that. The expectations for her are going to be through the roof. She is going to be great, and she is going to struggle. Look how many struggles [Taurasi] had as a freshman. [Stewart]. Rebecca [Lobo]. Everyone."
"

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
You know, some people on the board just want to enjoy this year, which I get, but then you have Geno out there with quotes like that, and suddenly we all start drooling again thinking about what next year, and the year after, could bring...

We are SO lucky to be Husky fans!

Reaction Score
You know, some people on the board just want to enjoy this year, which I get, but then you have Geno out there with quotes like that, and suddenly we all start drooling again thinking about what next year, and the year after, could bring...

Maybe he should wait till he knows who he is going to have on the team at the start of next year before making a statement like that. In this day and age, you never know what is going to transpire between now and then.

Reaction Score
If we can have Azii, by the end of 2021 UConn will be a mega power house.

Reaction Score
I’m a little surprised at Geno. He did attempt to walk it back some, but it’s too late. The horse is out of the barn.

and THAT barn door will never close again.

Reaction Score
I really would like to see that. I really would like to see a group of very talented players come together as a team and do this without nagging injuries that hold back performance. The coaching staff is there, the fans are there and the talent is there. All of the ingredients that will make a very competitive, hungry team.

Reaction Score
Wwill have the best team for the next couple years. We might win 5 or 6 national championships in a row starting next season.

Reaction Score
He can say it now or he can wait for the media to say it next year. I'll guarantee that this board will call anything less than a title next year as a total failure.

All he did was steal Tony C's thunder. :)

Reaction Score
He's as bad as the boneyard in anticipation

""By herself, she can’t win anything. But with the people I think we are going to surround her with, I think we can do great things.” "
The last time he stood before a crowd on the steps of the capitol and announced to the world we'll be back (to an Ncaa win parade) next year--he wasn't. I wince when he said that many years ago and wince again. Do it then tell the world.

Reaction Score
He can say it now or he can wait for the media to say it next year. I'll guarantee that this board will call anything less than a title next year as a total failure.

All he did was steal Tony C's thunder. :)

And how is different from every other year?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
As Geno always says - we are measured by Championships here at UConn. Anything else is a disappointment. Thats the culture he's built. If players dont want to be part of it, they shouldnt be here.

Reaction Score
The last time he stood before a crowd on the steps of the capitol and announced to the world we'll be back (to an Ncaa win parade) next year--he wasn't. I wince when he said that many years ago and wince again. Do it then tell the world.
It took the loss of 2 first team all-americans and the worst game of DT career to prove him wrong.

Reaction Score
Your admonition reminds me of something Tony Kubek said years ago. Tony and Joe Garigiola were providing play-by-play and color for a Phillies playoff game. Pete Rose, who had joined the Phillies that season, was playing first base. The play on the field ended with Rose standing with the ball in his hand. Garigiola started hyperventilating. "ROSE MISSED THE PLAY!!!" Joe screamed and went on to describe what Rose should have done. Tony remained silent. Joe wanted validation about how he outsmarted what was arguably baseball's best mind and insisted Tony agree with him. "I have to talk to Pete after the game and ask him what he was thinking first," Kubek demured.

Put somewhat differently: You don't tug on Superman's cape.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
and THAT barn door will never close again.
I dunno'. I remember an Auriemma promise made more than 20 years ago that he ended up wearing.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

When you hit a certain age, this year means everything.

Reaction Score
I think Geno is very confident in the five coming in next year and I
think he knows something about the 2021 class that WE don't know yet.
Go Huskies!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom