Geno Being Geno | The Boneyard

Geno Being Geno

Reaction Score
Hahahaha!!

4F5C7AA6-4D21-4308-9305-DE89C58207AB.jpeg

Reaction Score
A great Geno story on Brittney Griner.

EA8D936B-7E48-4AD6-BCBE-2D119A4C8E37.jpeg

The 11-time national champion recalled a moment he shared with Griner off the court.

“I think it was in 2013, we were touring Europe to prepare for the World Championships.

“When we were in Italy, I asked if anyone wanted to visit my house where I was born. Only two players said yes; Brittany was one. When we got there, my aunts, uncles and cousins were all waiting. Were. Everyone exited. Van’s and said hello and smiled. It was all normal until BG exited. They all reacted in shock and joy; they’ve never seen anyone, man or woman, in their lives Haven’t seen that long.

“After a hug and hello, we went to my uncle’s house for lunch. Long story short, BG couldn’t get enough food and wine. My relatives were so excited about how much she wanted to sample their cheese and meat.” When we arrived at the airport the next day, all BG wanted to know was where to buy and enjoy all the treats she enjoyed at home.

“Britney is a legend in my hometown of Montella, Italy, and will be forever.”

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Geno looking fit and ready. Along with cutting weight Geno has cut his hair shorter as well. Or perhaps a bit of my reality has hit his hair.
Hair? I remember that.:p

Reaction Score
Geno may possibly be the best coach, men or women. Anyone with complaints with him should give deep thought to an alternative. Look at what the man has accomplished in a cold weather state in the middle of almost anywhere.
Just look how he has 'handled' Paige, obviously one of the best of all time. He is so quick minded and handles a lot with so many great players. He gets RESPECT. He is in total control of his clubhouse and knows almost everybody. When he finally steps down, the college will have quite a challenge to maintain the greatness he developed. Dealing with his players is most important, but there are so many other areas that he excels in. Geno being Geno is all that us fans should be thankful for. Remember, he doesn't have to coach at this stage, so let's support him wholeheartedly and hope he remains here for a few more years.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Geno looking fit and ready. Along with cutting weight Geno has cut his hair shorter as well. Or perhaps a bit of my reality has hit his hair.
On his hair JordyG I think your "my reality" is on the money based on my reality.

Reaction Score
Auriemma in my humble opinion { which it isn't] belongs on the Mt. Rushmore of the greatest coaches of all time, male or female, college or pro, any sport. His life's story is a movie script in the making.

Reaction Score
I'll jump in.......he's MY coach of the year!! :D In Geno I trust. He'll begin the season 6 career wins behind Tara VanDerveer (Stanford) Not saying he'll catch her this year, but he'll close the gap.
BUT, It's possible! Believe!

Reaction Score
Will he catch Tara this year? I don’t see how with the cream puff schedule Tara has set up. Geno could lose 6 games this year with all the ranked teams on our OOC schedule — don’t worry, I think we won’t lose more than 2 — but it will take some significant upsets for Stanford to lose more than 3.

Reaction Score
Will he catch Tara this year? I don’t see how with the cream puff schedule Tara has set up. Geno could lose 6 games this year with all the ranked teams on our OOC schedule — don’t worry, I think we won’t lose more than 2 — but it will take some significant upsets for Stanford to lose more than 3.

It's probably hopeless. When UCLA & SCal leave for the B1G there will be four two more cupcake games on the Stanford schedule. Tara will probably schedule a home & home vs Pepperdine.

Reaction Score
I expect Geno to pull a rabbit out of the hat, break old trends, AP starting ...........

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
SC and Tennessee play Stanford in the preseason. Remember that Stanford is also quite capable of losing more than one conferece game to the likes of Arizona, UCLA, Oregon, and maybe Utah on a bad night. I don’t think Geno will make up more than 2 games this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom