Geno Auriemma Weighs In On UConn Expectations, Megan Walker And Corruption | The Boneyard

Geno Auriemma Weighs In On UConn Expectations, Megan Walker And Corruption

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Geno Auriemma Weighs In On UConn Expectations, Megan Walker And Corruption

"I don’t think we’re the best team in the country, and our players know that."

"So yeah, our team knows we’re going to have to work harder than these kids have ever worked since they’ve been at Connecticut to try to accomplish some of the same things that we’ve accomplished. And they know that and, to be honest with you, they’re acting like it, which is good.”

Reaction Score
“I would say that probably the biggest 180 from last year has been Megan Walker. From the player that showed up the first week of practice last year to this year, it’s completely different. So that’s been really, really impressive to see her make that kind of jump. Most freshmen make a jump, but hers has been huge — as big as any freshman I’ve seen. Now she had a long way to jump, I get that.”

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Can I just say again how much I LOVE reading all the positive stuff about Megan. And I don't think Geno is blowing smoke or trying to motivate her by singing her praises. He was brutally honest with her last year, probably because he knew what kind of potential she had.

I'm thrilled we are going to get to see the Megan we all hoped she'd be and watch her progress over her next 3 seasons...

Last edited by a moderator:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
From the First Night to Geno's talk, Megan will be UConn next big star ...Yes I believe

The way Geno is also gushing about CW, I think it will be a 2 player race for next big star. :D:D

Reaction Score
What is exciting about who was the biggest turnaround is that it is a player with so much potential, as oppposed to a player of less potential. And that it was huge and as much as any player that Geno has seen, I can not wait to seen this demonstrated on the court.

You have to be really happy for Megan.

And to say that Cristyn is doing things UNIQUE as a freshman.

As I recall, UConn has has some pretty good freshmen.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t think Geno is one to blow smoke either. I think Megan seeing just how hard Pheesa works in the offseason to prepare herself was huge. Her & CW will have to fill the shoes of Lou & Pheesa which sounds scary but that’s the reality of it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As I recall, UConn has has some pretty good freshmen.

moore_action_1.jpg

Reaction Score
“I would say that probably the biggest 180 from last year has been Megan Walker. From the player that showed up the first week of practice last year to this year, it’s completely different. So that’s been really, really impressive to see her make that kind of jump. Most freshmen make a jump, but hers has been huge — as big as any freshman I’ve seen. Now she had a long way to jump, I get that.”
I really enjoy Geno and his comments/assessments. I am far from a UConn fan but he is terrific. Great insight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom