Geno Auriemma says he would hire Rick Pitino despite firing | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno Auriemma says he would hire Rick Pitino despite firing

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
You went to my school. No ethical training, just ethical expectations. I've lived a life of frustration with those in high place or power positions it would seem that humans have feet of clay. Does not make it proper but I end up looking like Don Quito (sp) in a land without windmills.

Oh..its ok to make your own windmills...I do it all the time Don Quixote dela mancha.

Reaction Score
Oh..its ok to make your own windmills...I do it all the time Don Quixote dela mancha.
p
Thanks for the proper spelling and the proper name--I come from a family that made it's own water driven saw----mills. As for making my own windmills I have done that often in this life--seems the ones I create take more effort than those I "tilt at". Building good material things or better life (for my family) took some tilting. Now I'm tilling.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Voepel is a hack. Amazing how willing she is to weigh in and take a position on an integrity/cheating issue involving a MAN/men’s basketball coach and yet when the exalted Pat Summit was smearing Geno and UConn she stayed silent and neutral (and has to this day). Her “reporting” such as it was consisted of “he said, she said, who knows?” as if there was equivalency, and as if she didn’t have the sources, connections and responsibility to dig a little and get the true story. She has no credibility on honesty/cheating issues whatsoever.

I could not disagree more. Voepel is one of the most respected ESPN writers, in all sports. Second, if players/coaches are not willing to go on the record or even talk to Voepel (and I know first hand that this has been an issue on multiple topics for Voepel), she cannot report on said topics with her opinion...and is left with just the initial accusation and initial defense (as in the Pat/Geno case).

I wonder how Jeff Walz would answer that hypothetical question and whether his answer would make the ESPN home page.

To be fair, Geno has won 11 national titles and is the greatest coach in WBB history. Comparing Walz, who has a few Final Fours and title game appearances, to Geno in this respect is a false equivalency.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline
Top Bottom