Geno as you've never heard him.... | The Boneyard

Geno as you've never heard him....

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Very cool. Geno must speak Italian with his mom all the time, because he was pretty good!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Grazie!

This interview somehow reminded me of a dialogue between Sid Caesar and Carl Reiner on the "Show of Shows" many years ago. They could fake Italian, German or Japanese though they had no knowledge of any of these languages. Genius!

For those of you too young to fathom what I am talking about, that TV show was simply incomparable and they did 39 live (!) shows a year. There has never been anything to match what they achieved. Sid, Carl, Imogene Coca...............

Come to think about it, years from now old folks will say "There has never been anything to match what they (UConn wcbb, Geno, CD et al) achieved."

We are blessed!

Reaction Score
Grazie!
This interview somehow reminded me of a dialogue between Sid Caesar and Carl Reiner on the "Show of Shows" many years ago. They could fake Italian, German or Japanese though they had no knowledge of any of these languages. Genius!

Funniest TV show EVER! I bought videos of some old shows. Still laugh my buns off!

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Some of the writers for that show - Woody Allen, Mel Brooks, Neil Simon.

The show was on every Sunday night - live. The schedule they were on every week to conceive, write, rehearse and perform the show was amazing. No doubt in my mind that all those writers actually became great while working on that show.

There are quite a few skits available on youtube.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Where is Phil? We need a translation.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The German bits were the best...you can see them on You Tube

Reaction Score
The German bits were the best...you can see them on You Tube

Ah, yes - the one featuring Caesar as a German general getting dressed with the help of his lackey is a classic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom