Geno and Evina on the Freshmen | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Geno and Evina on the Freshmen

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Iy has been a while. if ever/ since I have seen Geno this excited and happy with a new group before a season, Sharp contrast to 4 years ago.
I hope he is happy with the freshmen during the last week of practice. That means they have been consistently good.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Iy has been a while. if ever/ since I have seen Geno this excited and happy with a new group before a season, Sharp contrast to 4 years ago.
But let's be clear here. Geno seems excited about certain things, those being the incoming 6's competitiveness and aggressiveness. We have yet to hear how enthused he is about their defense and shooting skills. So lets take things slowly.

Reaction Score
In addition to Carnac's excellent suggestion, I would like to hear from the players at least after they start normal practice. Maybe rotating thru the roster with one or two a week running up to the start of games. Kind of like media day but spread over the full preseason.

Reaction Score
These little snippets filtering out of the Werth Center have us all salivating and eager to
set our girls loose on the basketball world.

Golly, I wish I could go to a game this year.

But I'll settle for TV.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
There are a lot of storylines on/about this team that are going untold/unwritten. Alexa, where are you? :confused:

Not sure id this was linked elsewhere but Alexa putting a bow on things

“Maybe if we had seven returning players and four new players we would be more advanced right now, but we’re not because we can’t be,” Auriemma said. “We can’t outrun where we are. This is where we are, we have to slow down, and I’m okay with that. We’re not going to be as good at as many things as we were in past years, but at a few things we’ll be just as good as we’ve ever been. So that’s kind of what our approach is right now.”

“[Westbrook is] one of those hard-nosed competitors in anything,” Williams said. "If you have one of those on your team, it’s going to spread like wildfire.
“Everybody is competitive, really. Anything that we do is a fight. And it hasn’t really been that way necessarily the past couple years, so that is a difference. But I love it because I’m a competitor, so it’s been great.”

That competitive spirit has seeped into off-the-court activities, as well. Westbrook described a “Cupcake Wars” competition between pods, where each group made a dozen cupcakes with various decorations that were judged by Auriemma, associate head coach Chris Dailey and a graduate assistant.

“It gets competitive. We all try to win. Someone always ends up mad — it’s probably my team because I feel like we can never win a game," Westbrook said. "But it’s all fun and games at the end of the day.”

Reaction Score
Also Steeler, EVERYONE on the bench can play, including Ms. Chassion, our beloved walk-on. This will be one of the deepest benches Geno has had in years. I haven't seen any of them play yet. Hopefully Geno can get them all in, or CLEAR THE BENCH in one or more of the Naismith Hall of Fame tournament games in November.
Having a solid, deep bench also means great practices. Men practice players are fine but having high energy players like Griffin only makes the starters better. Can't think of any other team that has players of this caliber that can make most practices harder than in league games.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Having a solid, deep bench also means great practices. Men practice players are fine but having high energy players like Griffin only makes the starters better. Can't think of any other team that has players of this caliber that can make most practices harder than in league games.

A great observation HopJim!! You can bet their practices will be lively, spirited and competitive. You can bet Piath Gabriel will really get to know ONO, as they will always be pitted against each other.

Intra-squad games are the best and fastest way to find out who can do what. Geno will know every player’s strength and weakness by Nov 24.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom