Geno and Diana on Instagram | The Boneyard

Geno and Diana on Instagram

Reaction Score
Anybody who keeps dreaming about DT becoming the next Uconn WB coach can put that idea to rest. I don't think DT can put up with today's kids even if she wants to coach.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sue and Geno get along well but Geno and DT's relationship is clearly at another level

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Great great video of the Coach & D . Thanks for posting this! I could listen to them go back and forth for hours.

Reaction Score
Anybody who keeps dreaming about DT becoming the next Uconn WB coach can put that idea to rest. I don't think DT can put up with today's kids even if she wants to coach.
Money is a great equalizer.

Reaction Score
“They taught you everything except how to win”, great conversation between two people who really get it.

Reaction Score
What a great conversation! In 59 minutes, we received an incisive history of Women's BB and experienced the special relationship that exists between Coach and D. I have three vivid memories of Diana: (1) when she led the UCONN cheer at the end of the high school All America game at the Civic Center; (2) Her grief at losing to ND in the final four - and Geno's ignoring the game to comfort his star player; and (3) her wondrous arrogance when she willed her team to defeat Tennessee in the 2004 championship game. We will not see another like her.

Reaction Score
What a great conversation! In 59 minutes, we received an incisive history of Women's BB and experienced the special relationship that exists between Coach and D. I have three vivid memories of Diana: (1) when she led the UCONN cheer at the end of the high school All America game at the Civic Center; (2) Her grief at losing to ND in the final four - and Geno's ignoring the game to comfort his star player; and (3) her wondrous arrogance when she willed her team to defeat Tennessee in the 2004 championship game. We will not see another like her.
My vivid memories are different.
1. The “call me” signal to the Duke student section after beating a favored Duke team at home.
2. “Mother...” right in front of Pat Summit after burying a turnaround 3-pointer with a defender right in her face.
3. Showing “UCONN” on her jersey after winning NC#3.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Geno's relationship with both Sue and Diana seems to have evolved to the point where he treats each of them as equals...okay, near equals. There's mutual respect, admiration and, yes, love. It's heartening to witness how much they enjoy each other, not just as basketball luminaries but human beings.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
My vivid memories are different.
1. The “call me” signal to the Duke student section after beating a favored Duke team at home.
2. “Mother...” right in front of Pat Summit after burying a turnaround 3-pointer with a defender right in her face.
3. Showing “UCONN” on her jersey after winning NC#3.
1 & 3... along with her kicking the ball in the air after winning the Championship game

Reaction Score
Dee's clarity of thought, ability to communicate succinctly, as well as her strong personal presence are all great attributes to have should she wish to go into coaching. Regretfully, if she did choose that path, I believe she would do it on the west coast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom