Geno’s Presence | The Boneyard

Geno’s Presence

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
“I could hear Coach in my ear yelling. I think in the first quarter, I took about two shots, so I know he was yelling at the tv, I know he was yelling at me. So I kind of knew that going into the second quarter, so I tried to be more aggressive.”

Evidently, contrary to public reports, Geno was coaching during last night’s game, at least as far as Paige is concerned, using the Vulcan Mind Meld. ?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While this anecdote is certainly humorous, in many ways it reflects the essence of coaching. Every coach, through whatever means it takes, wants to imprint their guidance on players to the point where the players do what they are supposed to do in games without being reminded.

Reaction Score
I have a question. Is it within the rules for the coaching staff to speak with Geno via phone at half-time?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I have a question. Is it within the rules for the coaching staff to speak with Geno via phone at half-time?
I believe as long as he is not on NCAA type of rules violation that caused the absence, then it is within the rules.

Reaction Score
I thought the announcers (either Beth or Renee) mentioned that you couldn’t, but I may have not heard this correctly. My opinion? They can;t.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I wonder if it’s OK for Paige to call Geno during a game to complain that she’s not getting her minutes. Although I suspect that if Geno saw Paige’s number on his cell phone during the game he probably wouldn’t answer it......

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I guess the implication is that CD was not barking at Paige. In the post game presser, CD said she knew Paige was not aggressive enough so she made a point of drawing up some plays to force Paige to touch the ball. Even then, CD said either to shoot or pass to a team mate.

Seems to me, Geno is on Paige because he wants Paige to internally think she should always be the first option with the ball while CD just gets on with it and basically legislates it into existence

Reaction Score
“I could hear Coach in my ear yelling. I think in the first quarter, I took about two shots, so I know he was yelling at the tv, I know he was yelling at me. So I kind of knew that going into the second quarter, so I tried to be more aggressive.”

Evidently, contrary to public reports, Geno was coaching during last night’s game, at least as far as Paige is concerned, using the Vulcan Mind Meld. ?
That is where her growth will come over the next 3.25 years. Her basketball skills are off the chart but I think her defense and ability to come out and put points on the board immediately to calm the team is where she will grow. Right now her strategy is to pass to them but if they are too nervous she needs to be able to also put the ball through the basket at the start to bring calm. I think she needs both tactics in her arsenal and deploy when necessary. She can do it because as soon as Nika went down she turned up a gear. I bet it drives Geno crazy knowing she always has that gear.... hence their back and forth.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Only if using the Bobby Valentine option.
1616461163993.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom