General WCBB News | The Boneyard

General WCBB News

Reaction Score
Merely a thread to post non game related WCBB stuff

I think in previous years it has been shown during halftime. This is a definite improvement

You just want a full 20 minutes of half time to make a souvlaki run, dont you? :D

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You just want a full 20 minutes of half time to make a souvlaki run, dont you? :D

Sadly, Jack's Corner closed during the pandemic and after 29 years, the owners decided to head into retirement instead of reopening. There are other places around that serve souvlaki, falafel wraps, gyros, shawarma, spanakopita (sp), but nothing compares to Jack's

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Sadly, Jack's Corner closed during the pandemic and after 29 years, the owners decided to head into retirement instead of reopening. There are other places around that serve souvlaki, falafel wraps, gyros, shawarma, spanakopita (sp), but nothing compares to Jack's

giphy.gif

Sorry for your loss.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

giphy.gif
We're having spanikopita (from a package) for supper tonight. Great minds think alike.

Reaction Score

Big names with a lotta question marks in the early season.

A healthy UConn would seem the favorite but what level of health will be attained? The impairment has been three years!
Will Iowa have Clark? If not, what's Lisa gonna put on the floor? I expect a top 25 team w/o Clark but we'll see
Tennessee. Will they have a new coach? If not, what's life after Rickea?
Louisville. Will they be the most settled of this group?

Reaction Score
Big names with a lotta question marks in the early season.

A healthy UConn would seem the favorite but what level of health will be attained? The impairment has been three years!
Will Iowa have Clark? If not, what's Lisa gonna put on the floor? I expect a top 25 team w/o Clark but we'll see
Tennessee. Will they have a new coach? If not, what's life after Rickea?
Louisville. Will they be the most settled of this group?
Not sure about Louisville for 2024. Has Cochran or Russell said they're using their COVID years? They could be challenged with depth depending on the status of transfers. Don't know offhand if any of the transfers who came in have any years of eligibility left.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Honestly.. 3 of the 4 teams could be trash next season :D. Well trash might be too harsh of a word. I suspect that Bluder and Walz will find a way to have decent squads, but TN might be garbage though.

Reaction Score
Honestly.. 3 of the 4 teams could be trash next season :D. Well trash might be too harsh of a word. I suspect that Bluder and Walz will find a way to have decent squads, but TN might be garbage though.
I try not to engage in such name calling - unless it's taterses

Reaction Score
Walz always finds a way to make it happen.

Tenn may have a new coach.

I’ve heard Iowa has some good players coming in.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Impressive bunch, really. In the current iteration, they are all near the top. I can see the question marks for Iowa and Tennessee but I suspect they will be pretty good, none-the-less. Louisville just keeps on trucking, as does UConn.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I got an ESPN alert on my phone tonight... its only supposed to alert me to huge news . I thought some coach got fired, or somebody got traded... I gotta change the settings. :rolleyes:

Paige Bueckers of UCONN announced that she is returning next year.

Reaction Score
I got an ESPN alert on my phone tonight... its only supposed to alert me to huge news . I thought some coach got fired, or somebody got traded... I gotta change the settings. :rolleyes:

“Unfortunately?”

Reaction Score

I think everyone saw that coming....
“Unfortunately?”
Agreed, that's a very odd way to say it. I think she had bigger dreams for her years at UConn... cementing her legacy among the greats that have walked through those doors, winning a national title, playing with Azzi, not getting injured, etc. But I also think she WNBA dreams, so it's a begrudged return because she couldn't achieve those dreams in the last four years.

Reaction Score
“Unfortunately?”
Agreed, that's a very odd way to say it. I think she had bigger dreams for her years at UConn... cementing her legacy among the greats that have walked through those doors, winning a national title, playing with Azzi, not getting injured, etc. But I also think she WNBA dreams, so it's a begrudged return because she couldn't achieve those dreams in the last four years.

Completely misinterpreting.
It was a fake out to the crowd: if i start with “unfortunately” they’ll think I’m not coming back, and then they’ll be extra thrilled when I say I am

Reaction Score
I think everyone saw that coming....

It didn't come across that way to me, but I had the benefit of watching the speeches. It came across more as sarcasm or a politer way of the "I'm not leaving" speech from Wolf of Wall Street ;)

Reaction Score
Completely misinterpreting.
It was a fake out to the crowd: if i start with “unfortunately” they’ll think I’m not coming back, and then they’ll be extra thrilled when I say I am
Ok thanks! Yeah, context is key. My bad. I was just reading the quote and never listened to the original.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom