General Olympic WBB (or other) results / discussion | Page 3 | The Boneyard

General Olympic WBB (or other) results / discussion

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
A war in the 4th Q tied at 70. Serbia scores last 7. Really tough defense at the end.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
China and Serbia bludgeoning each other. Serbia up 35-33 at half.
By bludgeoning do you mean in terms of highly physical play?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
By bludgeoning do you mean in terms of highly physical play?
Yes but legal. Just tough battles all over the court.

Reaction Score
Team France WBB looks great at times especially during this game against Spain.

Reaction Score
Gabby and France advance past Spain 67-64 to play Japan in the semis .
She leads the team in minutes played and is 2nd in points, rebounds and assists/game.
Not too shabby.:)
Let's go Gabby!!

Reaction Score
Well, my skills as a prognosticator took a hit in the quarterfinals. I had USA right but missed on Belgium, China, and Spain. Looks like a clear path to gold for the USA. They are playing better and should beat Serbia. France and Japan a tossup but edge to France in payback game. USA over France for Gold. France for Silver. Serbia for Bronze. We’ll see I guess.

Reaction Score
Japan??? And it wasn’t even close. I refuse to believe that Japan can beat the USA.

Reaction Score
Japan??? And it wasn’t even close. I refuse to believe that Japan can beat the USA.
The Japan coach when he took the job, said I want to beat the USA in the Gold Medal game in the Tokyo Olympics.
He might wish he hadn't said that. Stewie and the rest of the USA don't need extra incentive.

Reaction Score
The Japan coach when he took the job, said I want to beat the USA in the Gold Medal game in the Tokyo Olympics.
He might wish he hadn't said that. Stewie and the rest of the USA don't need extra incentive.
Maybe so, but with the games being held on their home turf, I'm not surprised a new coach would say this when first being hired. The message is more for his team than for Team USA. He's got to sell himself and show those who will/would play for him that he's got faith in them.

Reaction Score

14-year-old Quan Hongchan scores 2 perfect 10s in historic gold-medal diving performance​

She was unreal, and that was epic. May be she was so motivated, because she wants to earn money for her mother's treatment and raise the spirits of her ill mother. I don't think she cracked a smile even after she won. It was steely determination on her face throughout.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
WooHoo. One of my favorite Irish athletes, Molly Seidel, just took the bronze medal in the Olympic Marathon. This is only her 3rnd marathon and she dueled with the world's best. Well, done, Molly! :D
She ran a great race, and was controlling the vast majority of the race.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think this is very funny. This dude is a team mate of KD on the Brooklyn Nets :oops::oops:

Reaction Score
Showing on NBC last 3 miles right now
I caught the last 10 miles on TV, as she gets more experience, let the Kenyans do all the work, and sit there, work on a finishing kick.

Reaction Score
I think this is very funny. This dude is a team mate of KD on the Brooklyn Nets :oops::oops:

You want him to admit defeat.strange thinking you have

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

14-year-old Quan Hongchan scores 2 perfect 10s in historic gold-medal diving performance​

She was unreal, and that was epic. May be she was so motivated, because she wants to earn money for her mother's treatment and raise the spirits of her ill mother. I don't think she cracked a smile even after she won. It was steely determination on her face throughout.

I watched diving live at 2am all week. It was worth it. What a historic series of events. The two Chinese competitors were phenomenal the entire week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom