General NBA | The Boneyard

General NBA

Reaction Score
I have watched 3 Heat games this past week. What an incredible scouting department. I remember us facing Duncan Robinson when he was on Michigan. Maybe at Atlantis? He had just transferred from Williams so I kept an eye on him knowing the rarity of a D3 to D1 transfer and he was just terrible against us. He is now a legitimately good NBA player who has a very versatile three point shot. Derrick Jones is also a lot of fun to watch and it's a legitimately solid roll player. People who followed recruiting will remember the name as he seemed to be a lean for quite some time before he ended up at UNLV for one season. Chris Boucher was a rangy big who gave us fits when he was at Oregon and then spent several years in the D-League, but was forced him into action with all the Raptors injuries and again is legitimately a good player.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Heat have apparently made some kind of deal with the devil given the number of nobodies that they have pulled out of their butt to be productive NBA players.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
East belongs to Milwaukee, but watch Indiana. I love their upside if Oladipo comes back better than ever - they are DEEP and well coached. Still think star talent wins out in the end.

Clippers are the best team in the West, but Denver is a problem for them if MPJ keeps killing it. Jokic is a unique matchup nightmare for LA and Denver can match them in depth. The Lakers are nowhere near as talented as Denver (they have 2 players that could crack their rotation), so they shouldn't be as much of an issue. I still expect Houston to run out of steam yet again with the heavy minutes their stars play. Utah has been disappointing.

Who gets the 8 seed? Portland? Memphis?

Reaction Score
The Heat have apparently made some kind of deal with the devil given the number of nobodies that they have pulled out of their butt to be productive NBA players.

Great player development. They have made a lot of guys a lot of money, even those who are not longer on the team. Tyler Johnson, Josh Richardson, Whiteside were all picked up off the scrap heap.

Reaction Score
Great player development. They have made a lot of guys a lot of money, even those who are not longer on the team. Tyler Johnson, Josh Richardson, Whiteside were all picked up off the scrap heap.
They're one of the best organizations in sports. Great culture and always trying to win. This current team isn't a title contender, but it is in position to lure another star over at some point.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

whiteside is such a weird story. He was a top 10 pick after the 2010 season ended. And then bombed his interviews so bad that he fell to round 2.

but he put up good per minute numbers whenever given a chance.

but yeah guys like the others you mentioned and nunn are nice finds

Reaction Score
whiteside is such a weird story. He was a top 10 pick after the 2010 season ended. And then bombed his interviews so bad that he fell to round 2.

but he put up good per minute numbers whenever given a chance.

but yeah guys like the others you mentioned and nunn are nice finds

Whiteside is one of those guys who just isn't going to grow up. Doesn't make him a bad guy, but he just didn't put in the work, and he just didn't fit in with the way the game has been changing. Adebayo is a much better fit for them.

the Q

Reaction Score
Whiteside is one of those guys who just isn't going to grow up. Doesn't make him a bad guy, but he just didn't put in the work, and he just didn't fit in with the way the game has been changing. Adebayo is a much better fit for them.

fwiw he’s been a top 10 center this year on both ends of the floor.

Reaction Score
fwiw he’s been a top 10 center this year on both ends of the floor.
Good for him. Not that being a top 10 center means much in today's game. Like I said, good guy, but sort of like a big kid, and that just doesn't fit in with the way Miami runs their operation. The spongebob stuff and twitter battles with Joel Embiid were funny until he basically stopped trying. Hopefully a change of scenery has helped him get a little more serious.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Just when the NBA starts to get predictable:

Memphis, a team that was supposed to be tanking, find itself in 8th place after the halfway point, and

New Orleans is on a 10-6 run after starting 6-22.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
10x more impressed with what the Nuggets and Grizzlies are doing right now than anyone else. Both organizations will have a championship by 2025.

the Q

Reaction Score
10x more impressed with what the Nuggets and Grizzlies are doing right now than anyone else. Both organizations will have a championship by 2025.

the grizzlies best move was getting lucky in the lottery.

they should be selling high on crowder.

interesting gamble on Winslow. not a huge fan but it’s a solid enough gamble I guess. I would’ve.

let’s see if this becomes a 3 team deal

the Q

Reaction Score

care to amend after this 3 team trade came about?

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
care to amend after this 3 team trade came about?

Make that 2x, still a good deal (young cheap 3 and D 3's are huge in this league) but Waiters is awful.

the Q

Reaction Score
Make that 2x, still a good deal (young cheap 3 and D 3's are huge in this league) but Waiters is awful.

you know they flipped Johnson for dieng right?

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
you know they flipped Johnson for dieng right?

yes, lol, referring to Winslow.

Dieng is a fine backup C, just vastly overpaid. Memphis aint winning anything in the next 2 years so it is fine they took on his multiyear contract to add Winslow to their young core.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Knicks hired World Wide Wes? What's he gonna do for them?

the Q

Reaction Score
yes, lol, referring to Winslow.

Dieng is a fine backup C, just vastly overpaid. Memphis aint winning anything in the next 2 years so it is fine they took on his multiyear contract to add Winslow to their young core.

I guess.
at least they were smart enough to not think of Wiggins contract as an asset, unlike some team...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Who saw Pacers sucking after getting Oladipo back? I certainly didn't.

the Q

Reaction Score

I’m shocked, shocked to see this.

the Q

Reaction Score
The warriors should’ve taken ball.

that’s all.

carry on.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Tacko a +13 tonight!

That’s nice to see. 3 blocks. Suck a likable guy. Semi +23. He plays great D. Tatum somehow -6 with 32 points.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom