Gender Equality for NCAAB | The Boneyard

Gender Equality for NCAAB

Reaction Score
Hi all, I don't post much, but one of my best friends has been working to petition to the NCAA to get equal gender qualifications for Final Four Logos. Please check her interview here out and consider signing the petition. I assume this is allowed here, as there is no financial gain or anything to be gained besides "men's basketball" be printed such as "women's basketball" is always specified. If this is against rules or policies, I apologize in advance.

I figured you all, probably more than most people would understand wanting Women's Basketball to be treated equally to Men's Basketball, at least as far as this one small thing goes!

Thanks!

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Could you post the link to the petition please? :)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm sorry but I just don't get this and I can't get behind it! For all the real gender inequalities that are out there, someone is crusading against having the word "women" on the FF logo?
Please tell me there is more to this- much more?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Let's start by changing NBA to MNBA :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I'm sorry but I just don't get this and I can't get behind it! For all the real gender inequalities that are out there, someone is crusading against having the word "women" on the FF logo?
Please tell me there is more to this- much more?

If you don't want to get behind it, then don't. I believe that any step, regardless of how small, is helpful. I can put you in touch with the woman in the video if you'd like to discuss what more there is to it.

Reaction Score
"I know men's sports TEND to bring in more revenue."

Ridiculous statements like that tend to disqualify this person from any serious discussion on the subject. IMHO

Reaction Score
In light of her half hearted yet accurate admission that men's basketball generates money and women's does not, she should also understand that the reason there is a women's final four is because it's ...it's essentially Federal Law....
As Cocohusky points out there are much bigger issues out there to address.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
In light of her half hearted yet accurate admission that men's basketball generates money and women's does not, she should also understand that the reason there is a women's final four is because it's ...it's essentially Federal Law....
As Cocohusky points out there are much bigger issues out there to address.
Not really. Federal law Title IX does not require that there is a women's tournament. The NCAA could decide tomorrow if it wanted, to drop the Women's tournament and there would be no federal issue. Now that would be a real "issue" to get behind.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If you don't want to get behind it, then don't. I believe that any step, regardless of how small, is helpful. I can put you in touch with the woman in the video if you'd like to discuss what more there is to it.
Think of it in terms of conservation of energy. Each step requires it (energy), therefore those steps, no matter how small, are best reserved for real issues. This is not.

Reaction Score
Could a woman play on a men’s team? I understand that it would be against the rules for a man to play on the women’s team, but if Uconn wanted a woman to play on the men’s team, and she was good enough, would that be a violation of the rules?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom