Geico Girls HS Basketball Games 03/31 ESPN2 10AM | The Boneyard

Geico Girls HS Basketball Games 03/31 ESPN2 10AM

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Just accidentally came across this. I have no real knowledge of HS basketball so I am not sure if this has any meaning for the BY regarding recruits etc but I imagine these are nationally ranked teams with some High Level D1 players that some may want to see?

High-School Basketball: GEICO Nationals girls: Winter Haven vs. Hamilton Heights live stream | Built In NYC

Hamilton Heights has Jazmine Massengill (Tennessee recruit). Didn't see anyone on the Winter Haven roster that stood out.

Reaction Score
Heights is totally stacked with ESPN ranked players including Massengill, Balogun, the wonderfully named Treasure Hunt and Kamilla Cardoso who's one of the top young posts in high school basketball

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Lexie Hull who is heading to Stanford is on Central Valley , Veradale WA team.
Jazmine Massengill (Tennessee) Elizabeth Balagun ( GT) Treasure Hunt #10 in class of 2020 and Carmilla Cardosa #3 in the class of 2020 are all on the Hamilton Heights squad.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Winter Haven has Diamond Battles who is going to UCF next season and Tyia Singleton (6-2 F) who is headed to Rutgers.

Hamilton Heights has all that talent and ranked players yet imo their best player in this game is Esmery Martinez 6-1 F inside who is an unranked junior. She had a double double and great energy. It is just one game but I like her game. Gritty!
Camilla Kardosa is 6-6 or 6-7 and that’s about it........

Georgia Tech is getting a great one in Elizabeth Balogun.

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Hamilton Heights is headed to the finals as they beat Winter Haven 62-49 lead by my favorite player of the game Esmery Martinez 17 pts and 18 rebounds.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
CV leading 29-11 with 4 minutes left in 2Q. They have a very UConn feel to them. Great transition game and excellent spacing.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Stanford commit Lexie Hull is tearing it up in the second game.

In another thread someone questioned how it was possible that Hailey Van Lith wasn't chosen as the Gatorade player of the year in Washington. Hull was chosen. She was the best player on a team that was completely dominant in the highest classification (4A) in the state. Sounds like she's showing what she's got today.

Reaction Score
Have to see if the game is on ESPN3 later. I swear ESPN does a poor job of marketing the women's games. It's like you have to do extra research in order to find out when they are showing the high school or college games.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Saw somewhere else Central Valley won 70-57. Lexie Hull had 30 points and 13 rebounds.

Apparently they are 82-1 the last 3 years. That's almost UConn-esque. Won the state title two years ago, came up just short last year (not sure if they lost in the championship or in the semi-final), and won it again this year.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, I thought I would modify my thread since the Geico National Final game is going on. The parallels between unbeaten Central Valley (but 3rd seed) with Lexie Hull and UConn are amazing. There passing and shooting style of play is so similar. Top seeded Hamilton Heights (TN) with their star player Massengill (TN recruit) is as close to a UConn / TN matchup as we can hope for. CV leads at half 36-26 so I guess we can enjoy rooting for CV over the hordes of barbarism. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
CV wins 66-61. Very poised down the stretch even with at times a really intense full court press by HH. The Hull twins looked very good (especially Lexi) and Massengill is a tough player who likes to pass and can shoot pretty well. Seems more poised then the TN freshman from last years class.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sorry I missed this game. It started at 7 am PST. That's kinda ridiculous.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sorry I missed this game. It started at 7 am PST. That's kinda ridiculous.

They kept bringing up the parallel with UConn since CV was unbeaten and apparently would win their games by 30-40 pts and whether the lack of
close game experience would hurt them in a close game like this. At times, HH would bring the pressure looking like TN more than TN looks like TN and did cut the lead to 2 pts with < 30 seconds but displayed 5 player passing and shooting very much like UConn (More UConn than UConn ??) . Oh yeah, HH had the definite height advantage with a 6' 7" post as well. Still I was impressed with Massengill and will be curious how she will fit in at TN

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I can't help but wonder, are there REALLY 24 better players in the current Sr. class than Lexie Hull? Wasn't named to the McD's AA game, but I think she just served notice to the rest of the country that she is a player to be reckoned with.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom