GB closed to 1! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

GB closed to 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Damn. Poor end of the game management by GB. 3 bad possessions down the stretch.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I would have saved that TO. Take it after the FT attempts.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
That last second shot with...6 seconds left looked like something the UConn men would have thrown up :)

Reaction Score
Wish I had seen the whole game. Is Green Bay's defense that good that they forced 32 turnovers? Or was Kentucky just that sloppy with the ball?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Damn it. That was a great play call. Ball just didn't go in. Crap.

Reaction Score
Definitely let that one slip away, but it was a tremendous comeback.

Reaction Score
Green Bay's D is PHENOMENAL.

I actually think Green Bay would have been a more dangerous Elite 8 opponent than KY. Green Bay is insanely well coached with terrific fundamentals. Very tough minded team.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Zags are a different team away from Spokane. Can UK pull through?
Right now, I like UConn's draw. Still have to play with the kind of effort the girls did tonight, but if they do, it's gonna be tough for any of the remaining teams in the Kingston Bracket to stop the Huskies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Wish I had seen the whole game. Is Green Bay's defense that good that they forced 32 turnovers? Or was Kentucky just that sloppy with the ball?
GB plays kind of an extended 2-3 zone, more of a 2-1-2 really, and makes you start your offense out really high. If you can attack it through the middle and run backdoor cuts you can get lots of easy layups. But UKs guards couldn't even make the initial pass. Just terrible, terrible offense. And they almost lost the game after jacking up shots too early in the shot clock with a lead late in the game. Not very impressed with the coaching.

mr006

Reaction Score
I think the announcer said that the two teams are 1-2 in forcing turnovers (mid to upper 20s per game), so apparently it's not quite as bad as it looks... which is pretty bad. Win an NCAA 2nd round game with 34 TOs? Ouch. Now that's survive and advance...

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Impressed with GBs coaching, though. They don't have near the athletes that Kentucky has and still took them to the wire with a chance to tie at the end.

Reaction Score
A different team away from Spokane, but the Zags should have the support of the crowd in Kingston against Kentucky. Every UConn fan should be able to appreciate the way the Zags play.
Zags are a different team away from Spokane. Can UK pull through?
Right now, I like UConn's draw. Still have to play with the kind of effort the girls did tonight, but if they do, it's gonna be tough for any of the remaining teams in the Kingston Bracket to stop the Huskies.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
GB plays kind of an extended 2-3 zone, more of a 2-1-2 really, and makes you start your offense out really high. If you can attack it through the middle and run backdoor cuts you can get lots of easy layups. But UKs guards couldn't even make the initial pass. Just terrible, terrible offense. And they almost lost the game after jacking up shots too early in the shot clock with a lead late in the game. Not very impressed with the coaching.

UK's half court offense was horrible, except for their last possession... kid got open at the foul line and hit the jumper. Oh well. They will beat the Zags, most likely and then face UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom