2023 Recruiting: - Gavin Griffiths | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Gavin Griffiths

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kid gets an offer and the thread on him gets locked within a day. He deserves his own thread and keep it on topic so it doesn't get locked. Really want him to play for his hometown University and he's very close with Taylor Bol Bowen. The two of them fit the style of how basketball is played now and how Hurley wants us to play. Long limbed athletes who are floor spacers and can play and guard multiple positions. I expect the staff to focus in on them and for them to be the first two pieces of the puzzle for this class.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Kid gets an offer and the thread on him gets locked within a day. He deserves his own thread and keep it on topic so it doesn't get locked. Really want him to play for his hometown University and he's very close with Taylor Bol Bowen. The two of them fit the style of how basketball is played now and how Hurley wants us to play. Long limbed athletes who are floor spacers and can play and guard multiple positions. I expect the staff to focus in on them and for them to be the first two pieces of the puzzle for this class.
Thanks for starting anew. I apologize for my part in the thread lock.

Here's his self-produced introduction video, which is different enough from the tweets to warrant a re-post:

Reaction Score
This would be a huge get, and Bowen. Really admired how LSU in football has basically locked down that state. People rarely leave to play football if LSU targets them.

Would love to see UConn do that with NE. We used to be poachable territory (Herron, Waters, Diablo). Clingan & AK are good starts. Let’s keep it going!

Reaction Score
I hear you.TBB certainly appears to be an enthusiastic supporter of our latest commits and the direction of the Program.

Reaction Score
If you had to choose between Gavin and Matas?? Who is your guy??

Reaction Score
Matas 10/10 times.
In the highlight videos he seems to play faster than Gavin. Has anyone seen more than just highlight videos for both of them?

Reaction Score
Gavin has a nice quick shot release and being 6-7 helps him shoot over people. Seems to have confidence, but need to see a couple junkyard dog plays.

Reaction Score
Awfully impressive for a freshman. Could be our next two guard or even the next Giffey. That ought to get the thread off the rails.
I don't know, I'd be concerned that HS soph Griffiths isn't as good a defender as college Senior Giffey...

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
This would be a huge get, and Bowen. Really admired how LSU in football has basically locked down that state. People rarely leave to play football if LSU targets them.

Would love to see UConn do that with NE. We used to be poachable territory (Herron, Waters, Diablo). Clingan & AK are good starts. Let’s keep it going!
That is the plan.

Reaction Score
We're also recruiting kids like Watson, Buzelis, etc. And we are HEAVILY recruiting justin edwards from team final. I suspect we'll be after a PG too--maybe Lemond
I say best case scenario we’ll have SEVEN open scholarships gaining JJ Starling and losing juniors Hawkins and Johnson and seniors Jackson and Sanogo.

Hurley swinging for the fences as he should... could be a MONSTER class

Reaction Score
I say best case scenario we’ll have SEVEN open scholarships gaining JJ Starling and losing juniors Hawkins and Johnson and seniors Jackson and Sanogo.

Hurley swinging for the fences as he should... could be a MONSTER class
You're a year off, the 23 class would mean Hawkins/Johnson leaving after their sophomore years and Sanogo/Jackson after their junior year

Reaction Score
You're a year off, the 23 class would mean Hawkins/Johnson leaving after their sophomore years and Sanogo/Jackson after their junior year
That’s what I meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32