2023 Recruiting: - Gavin Griffiths | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Gavin Griffiths

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
562DA16C-21F6-4506-99F2-4C3D61CBDCF5.jpg

Reaction Score
Not sure you understand what irony is. Oh wait, I think I have a good clue that you don't...

Chief, who claims to be an informed supporter of the program, calls attention to the above rather than to other Bouknight-related comments & posts that reflect favorably on UConn...and then, unaccountably, adds "LOL."

That's ironic.
Also dislikable.
Yes, indeed it is ironic that Chief doesn’t know a lot about Gavin. Chief tracks numerous recruits in many classes and if I am not very familiar with one I say so.

Why is that “ironic”? Let me explain.
Chief has predicted a whole dam break of signings in the Hurley era alone, starting with James Bouknight and running through the recent Alex Karaban. Moreover, for historical perspective it’s the same guy who predicted that Drummond was coming to UConn in a month when the conventional understanding was he was attending prep school.

So yes one could say it is “ironic” that Chief doesn’t know a lot about Gavin, a guy who lives so nearby. Of course, don’t assume Chief knows less than @Hans Sprungfeld does. It is all relative. When Chief is saying that, what Chief means is he doesn’t understand the intricacies of his recruiting, the main drivers and influencers. I am not in position to predict, which way he is leaning.

As for Chief not calling attention to favorable comments James has made about UConn. LOL, I authored a thread within the last week “Most Important” (see below) that highlighted exactly that. It was very well received and focused on how UConn’s staff has helped James to develop as a person with a long recent quote from James. Chief said long term that was more important than being 11 or 5 in the draft.

So the bottom-line is you got nearly everything wrong, but I forgive you. Casual Fans aren’t suppose to know all that.
Proof:
3EBEB567-F272-43E0-B965-90907A8150FC.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, indeed it is ironic that Chief doesn’t know a lot about Gavin. Chief tracks numerous recruits in many classes and if I am not very familiar with one I say so.
Chief has predicted a whole dam break of signings in the Hurley era alone, starting with James Bouknight and running through the recent Alex Karaban. Moreover, for historical perspective it’s the same guy who predicted that Drummond was coming to UConn in a month when the conventional understanding was he was attending prep school.

So yes one could say it is “ironic” that Chief doesn’t know a lot about Gavin, a guy who lives so nearby. Of course, don’t assume Chief knows less than you do. It is all relative. When Chief is saying that, what I mean is I don’t understand the intricacies of his recruiting, the main drivers and influencers. I am not close to predicting, which way he is leaning and I am honest about it.
As for Chief not calling attention to favorable comments James has made about UConn. LOL, I authored a thread within the last week “What’s Important” that highlighted exactly that. It was very well received and focused on how UConn’s staff has helped James to develop as a person with a long recent quote from James. Chief said long term that was more important than being 11 or 5 in the draft.
So the bottom-line is you got nearly everything wrong, but I forgive you. Casual Fans aren’t suppose to know all that.
Frown

Reaction Score

So yes one could say it is “ironic” that Chief doesn’t know a lot about Gavin, a guy who lives so nearby. Of course, don’t assume Chief knows less than @Hans Sprungfeld does. It is all relative. When Chief is saying that, what Chief means is he doesn’t understand the intricacies of his recruiting, the main drivers and influencers. I am not in position to predict, which way he is leaning.

As for Chief not calling attention to favorable comments James has made about UConn. LOL, I authored a thread within the last week “Most Important” (see below) that highlighted exactly that. It was very well received and focused on how UConn’s staff has helped James to develop as a person with a long recent quote from James. Chief said long term that was more important than being 11 or 5 in the draft.

Proof: View attachment 68939

Husky99 thinks this sounds like a casual fan.... hahaha

Reaction Score
Not sure you understand what irony is. Oh wait, I think I have a good clue that you don't...

Chief, who claims to be an informed supporter of the program, calls attention to the above rather than to other Bouknight-related comments & posts that reflect favorably on UConn...and then, unaccountably, adds "LOL."

That's ironic.
Also dislikable.
It's like rain on your wedding day or the free ride when you're already there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members