Gavin Griffiths up to #15 in on3 rankings, Castle #22 | The Boneyard

Gavin Griffiths up to #15 in on3 rankings, Castle #22

Reaction Score
Here is a story on players On3 ranks higher than other services, mentions both Griffiths and Castle amongst others
UConn is also recruiting Ugonna Kingsley who they have debuting at #25. He plays at PSA in CT.

Reaction Score

Griffith ranked as top shooter in class
On3 says Iowa is favored, Uconn second.

Griffiths is now:
On3 #15
Rivals #29
EPSN #32
247 #61
Composite average: #36

When was the last time Uconn got a kid ranked as high as #15 anywhere?
DHam and DeAndre Daniels were both top 20 recruits. Drummond was #2 overall

Reaction Score
Looks like Bowen's star is descending a bit. Ducharme not listing anyone, are we still kicking the tires on him?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Looks like Bowen's star is descending a bit. Ducharme not listing anyone, are we still kicking the tires on him?
I initially didn’t think it was possible but I’m getting a weird feeling that Providence may actually land TBB. Seems like he’s spending a lot of time down there.

Reaction Score

Griffith ranked as top shooter in class
On3 says Iowa is favored, Uconn second.

Griffiths is now:
On3 #15
Rivals #29
EPSN #32
247 #61
Composite average: #36

When was the last time Uconn got a kid ranked as high as #15 anywhere?
What is NIL Value? Each player has one. For example, GG Jackson's NIL value is $12.3K (shown below)

Screenshot_20220314-134719_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score

First and foremost, I'd like to state I'm all about players getting paid. Long overdue in my opinion. I certainly understand it could damage what we've loved about college sports. College sports needs to adapt.

That said, I'm a bit speechless after reading the description of the "On3 NIL Valuation". From the link above.

"The NIL valuation is comprised of a number of dynamic data points that focus on two primary factors – an athlete’s social media presence and their level of athletic performance"

Ok.. this is a bit creepy, but I'm down. Moderately speechless, but ok. The On3 NIL Valuation goes on to say the following.

"On3’s NIL platform provides guidance for what athletes should charge per post for each of their respective social media platforms. Per Post Value is determined by several key factors and is heavily influenced by the athlete’s overall NIL Valuation. Per Post Value was developed to apply a baseline for a single social marketing post for each respective social media platform"

I need help here. I have dumb questions. This is all new to me. What is meant by "charge per post". Who's being charged? What is meant by "post"? Are the athletes getting paid each time someone posts a highlight or picture of them? Is the On4 NIL Valuation a guide for how much athletes should charge for usage of their image on Social Media? Is the On3 NIL Valuation a proprietary thing just made up by On3? Or is this some sort or standardized number developed with the cooperation of other talent evaluation services.

I'm normally late to the party on NCAA rule changes, but I have not seen anything like this talked about before. Maybe I missed it all. That is totally possible.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

First and foremost, I'd like to state I'm all about players getting paid. Long overdue in my opinion. I certainly understand it could damage what we've loved about college sports. College sports needs to adapt.

That said, I'm a bit speechless after reading the description of the "On3 NIL Valuation". From the link above.

"The NIL valuation is comprised of a number of dynamic data points that focus on two primary factors – an athlete’s social media presence and their level of athletic performance"

Ok.. this is a bit creepy, but I'm down. Moderately speechless, but ok. The On3 NIL Valuation goes on to say the following.

"On3’s NIL platform provides guidance for what athletes should charge per post for each of their respective social media platforms. Per Post Value is determined by several key factors and is heavily influenced by the athlete’s overall NIL Valuation. Per Post Value was developed to apply a baseline for a single social marketing post for each respective social media platform"

I need help here. I have dumb questions. This is all new to me. What is meant by "charge per post". Who's being charged? What is meant by "post"? Are the athletes getting paid each time someone posts a highlight or picture of them? Is the On3 NIL Valuation a guide on what to charge for usage of their license on social media?
Who's being charged?
Athletes would charge brands for the athlete to make a post on their social accounts to promote their product.

What is meant by "post"?
A post could represent putting on their Instagram account a picture describing the product on their story or timeline, or make a tweet on their twitter account, or post something on facebook. Example: Amazon pays an athlete $5,000 to make a post on Instagram to their timeline about their Web Services product and you can even say 10% the first year using a code in the post description that tags that purchase back to the athlete, or maybe includes an affiliate link for the same purpose. The athlete gets paid and the company gets exposure to new audience.

Are the athletes getting paid each time someone posts a highlight or picture of them?
See earlier posts on what exactly is getting posted as it wouldn't likely be a highlight of them but a promotion ad for the company.

Are these metrics guidelines for what to charge?
There are benchmarks out there for based on how much of a following a person has as well as level of interaction and retention by that audience how much a person can command for making a post to promote a company which is probably how On3 comes up with those numbers.

Reaction Score
Who's being charged?
Athletes would charge brands for the athlete to make a post on their social accounts to promote their product.

What is meant by "post"?
A post could represent putting on their Instagram account a picture describing the product on their story or timeline, or make a tweet on their twitter account, or post something on facebook. Example: Amazon pays an athlete $5,000 to make a post on Instagram to their timeline about their Web Services product and you can even say 10% the first year using a code in the post description that tags that purchase back to the athlete, or maybe includes an affiliate link for the same purpose. The athlete gets paid and the company gets exposure to new audience.

Are the athletes getting paid each time someone posts a highlight or picture of them?
See earlier posts on what exactly is getting posted as it wouldn't likely be a highlight of them but a promotion ad for the company.

Are these metrics guidelines for what to charge?
There are benchmarks out there for based on how much of a following a person has as well as level of interaction and retention by that audience how much a person can command for making a post to promote a company which is probably how On3 comes up with those numbers.
Very interesting

Reaction Score
For a while our dream class looked like Castle, Miranda, Bol Bowen.

Now looks to be Castle, Griffiths, Kingsley. That would be in contention for #1 ranked class, at least according to these rankings.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
For a while our dream class looked like Castle, Miranda, Bol Bowen.

Now looks to be Castle, Griffiths, Kingsley. That would be in contention for #1 ranked class, at least according to these rankings.
Giving up on Edwards?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
this is what comes to mind when I imagine an athlete attempting to use the "On3 NIL Valuation" during contract negotiations.

View attachment 74420
Note that the athlete "value" depends on what demographic that person is expected to reach. It isn't like they have some generic value that applies generally to any particular brand or thing.

Somebody like Livvy Dunne can undoubtedly get $ pitching something like Lululemon, swimsuits, sports drinks. Others may have mostly local appeal. Paige Bueckers has a deal with Gatorade.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

I need help here. I have dumb questions. This is all new to me. What is meant by "charge per post". Who's being charged? What is meant by "post"? Are the athletes getting paid each time someone posts a highlight or picture of them? Is the On4 NIL Valuation a guide for how much athletes should charge for usage of their image on Social Media? Is the On3 NIL Valuation a proprietary thing just made up by On3? Or is this some sort or standardized number developed with the cooperation of other talent evaluation services.

I'm normally late to the party on NCAA rule changes, but I have not seen anything like this talked about before. Maybe I missed it all. That is totally possible.
Danny has said multiple times this year that the team needed to stay off social media. So while we all think he means reading the Boneyard its not! These kids are looking at their financial future just like we were, its just a way different process from now to when we didn't even have computers

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Note that the athlete "value" depends on what demographic that person is expected to reach. It isn't like they have some generic value that applies generally to any particular brand or thing.

Somebody like Livvy Dunne can undoubtedly get $ pitching something like Lululemon, swimsuits, sports drinks. Others may have mostly local appeal. Paige Bueckers has a deal with Gatorade.
Paige used winning the Gatorade HS Player of the Year to sign a multiyear deal with Gatorade. Wall St Journal estimated her NIL value at over $1MM in 2021. Probably the highest paid bball player at UConn

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Paige used winning the Gatorade HS Player of the Year to sign a multiyear deal with Gatorade. Wall St Journal estimated her NIL value at over $1MM in 2021. Probably the highest paid bball player at UConn
I don't think there is any probably about it. None of the men have any significant social media following. Pretty sure Fudd would also top any of the guys. New guys coming in could change that. Kids are going to start driving that personal brand earlier and earlier.

Some of the biggest earners are an LSU gymnast, Cavinder sisters hoops players at Fresno State, Lexi Sun (volleyball) at Nebraska etc. The #2 NIL $ by sport is...women's volleyball. You can guess why. What sells hasn't changed much.

Reaction Score
I don't think there is any probably about it. None of the men have any significant social media following. Pretty sure Fudd would also top any of the guys. New guys coming in could change that. Kids are going to start driving that personal brand earlier and earlier.

Some of the biggest earners are an LSU gymnast, Cavinder sisters hoops players at Fresno State, Lexi Sun (volleyball) at Nebraska etc. The #2 NIL $ by sport is...women's volleyball. You can guess why. What sells hasn't changed much.
Prepare for women's sports to be "sexed up"

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Don't kid ourselves, men's recruits will look at Paige and Azzi's NIL deals and factor them into their decision

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom