Gavin Edwards & Craig Austrie | The Boneyard

Gavin Edwards & Craig Austrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Find their college equivalents this Summer, or bring those two back with fake mustaches & see you in the later tourney rounds next year.

Am I asking for much? We don't need Kemba & Ok4. Just two heady solid players. One to dribble safely, & make a few shots, while the big rebounds & compliments Brimah. Find them!

Reaction Score
It's pretty sad that our current talent level and collective fundamental basketball skills are so bad that we are longing for these two.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Sure.

As long as Hasheem, Adrien, Stanley, AJ and Dyson are around we should be fine.

Reaction Score
I was actually a pretty big fan of Senior Gavin Edwards. He got a raw deal on the board when other senior quit on the team. GE actually developed a pretty good post game by his senior year but had showed flashes of offense in his earlier years also but really was his Senoir year where it came together. Maybe KF or AB can improve like that.

Reaction Score
Gavin would be a wonderful addition if it could happen. His game was leaps and bounds better than our bigs.

Reaction Score
I was actually a pretty big fan of Senior Gavin Edwards. He got a raw deal on the board when other senior quit on the team. GE actually developed a pretty good post game by his senior year but had showed flashes of offense in his earlier years also but really was his Senoir year where it came together. Maybe KF or AB can improve like that.

LOL, remember earlier in the year when people were arguing that Kentan Facey right now is as good as Gavin Edwards as a senior?

If we can get Facey as a senior as good as senior-year Gavin Edwards, I think we would consider that a major success.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
A reasonable facsimile of Marcus White as a freshman would make me very happy.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Or Boone & Kromah? Time to shake the trees & see about transfers/coaches fired.

Reaction Score
Wow people want Austrie back? He in now way would help this team be any better. He wasnt a playmaker or a shooter. He was solid bringing the ball up court and passing around the horn but didnt make anything happen. He did a good job not making mistakes oh and he hit a game winner against south florida. It also helped he had Price, Dyson, Thabeet, Sticks and Adrien around. On this team his flaws would be exposed.

Reaction Score
that's.not what the OP is saying.

I know what the OP was saying, and my comment agrees. Hes not asking for a star, just someone who can dribble without turning it over, play solid d, and knock down a corner 3. And sadly, we don't even have one role player to do any of those things. And per Edwards a guy who can perform a low post move and score once in a while. Again don't have that either.

So my point about it being sad that our current talent is so bad and we are so lacking in basic fundamental basketball skills stands. Do you care to disagree?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Austrie was a solid shooter from 3 point range (except for a bad slump in his sr year) and had a good passing game as well. I remember him racking up 14 assists once of us in his freshman year, which still remains the UConn freshman record for assists in a game.

Reaction Score
Austrie was a solid shooter from 3 point range (except for a bad slump in his sr year) and had a good passing game as well. I remember him racking up 14 assists once of us in his freshman year, which still remains the UConn freshman record for assists in a game.
To be fair, you or I could have racked up 14 assists when we're passing to: Rashad, Denham, Rudy, Boone, Hilton, Adrien, Ed Nelson.

But yeah, he's better than people are giving him credit for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom