Gatorade State POY Awards | The Boneyard

Gatorade State POY Awards

Reaction Score
Paige was a given, I think she’ll win NPOY. Mir was a little surprising I thought that award would go to Reese. Congratulations to both young ladies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Trying to figure out how Reese is in the final five for Naismith POY but doesn't win her state Gatorade POY.
I haven't seen Angel in person, but I had a fellow attendee at one game this year say that Brenda will have her hands full coaching Angel. My sense is that she lacks discipline.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen Angel in person, but I had a fellow attendee at one game this year say that Brenda will have her hands full coaching Angel. My sense is that she lacks discipline.

Her high school coach said she’s difficult to coach at times, I like her skill set and think she’ll fit in right where Charles is going to leave off, but she definitely strikes me as a “ do what I want on the court” type of player. I think Syracuse would have been a better fit for her personality, only time will tell what happens.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Mir

The 5-foot-11 senior guard and forward averaged 21.3 points, 12.2 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 2.1 steals assists per game this past season, leading the Reds (15-11) to the Independent Athletic Association of Maryland state tournament semifinals. A McDonald’s All-American Game selection, McLean is ranked as the nation’s No. 11 recruit in the Class of 2020 by Prospects Nation. She is a three-time Baltimore Sun All-Metro First Team honoree and concluded her prep basketball career with 1,849 points.

I thought the Gatorade State POY would come from a HS Team that has better Won/Loss record then Mir's.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Trying to figure out how Reese is in the final five for Naismith POY but doesn't win her state Gatorade POY.
the Gatorade is a rather political award. The best player doesn’t necessarily win but the best lobbied player has a great chance. I’m not impressed with the Gatorade awards

Reaction Score

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The finalists for the National POY award were also announced although it feels fixed with five of the eight being Ducks.

Mir Mclean is a bit oddly one of the others with of course Paige Bueckers. Jana Van Gytenbeek rounds out the finalists.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
When you look at the Players for the National POY awards, you have to be impressed with Oregon's Recruiting. Besides California and Nevada which are to be expected they signed players from Illinois, Kentucky and New Jersey. Oregon is not going away if they continue with this National Recruiting.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
All you need to know. Five shmive. ;)

1583586386149.png

Reaction Score
McKensie Nelson, a 5'7" freshman guard at Greenwich High School, was named All-FCIAC in Connecticut. She's also led her team into the Class LL quarterfinals by defeating the #2 ranked team in the state, Norwich Free Academy.

UConn prospect?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Maddy Westbeld, 2020 Commit for University of Notre Dame, Named Ohio Gatorade Player of the Year

Some excerpts from the article (that is linked below):

"The 6-foot-3 senior forward led the Fairmont Kettering Firebirds to a 24-2 record and the Division I regional semifinals at the time of her selection. Westbeld averaged 18 points, 11.2 rebounds, 3.6 assists and 2.8 steals through 26 games. The two-time Greater Western Ohio Conference Player of the Year, she was a First Team All-Ohio selection and has been chosen to play in the McDonald’s All-American Game. Westbeld is the first Gatorade Ohio Girls Basketball Player of the Year to be chosen from Kettering Fairmont High School."

Westbeld joins other Gatorade Ohio Girls Basketball Players of the Year from Ohio, including: Jordan Horston (2018-19, Columbus Africentric Early College High School); Kierstan Bell (2017-18, Canton McKinley High School; Hallie Thome (2014-15, Chagrin Falls High School); and Kelsey Mitchell (2013-14, Princeton High School).

Very much looking forward to having another member of the Westbeld family come to Notre Dame!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
McKensie Nelson, a 5'7" freshman guard at Greenwich High School, was named All-FCIAC in Connecticut. She's also led her team into the Class LL quarterfinals by defeating the #2 ranked team in the state, Norwich Free Academy.

UConn prospect?
Maria Colon was the best player in Connecticut in her senior year in high school as was Heather Buck. Terrific players but not necessarily elite ones. Connecticut just doesn’t have enough great high school basketball programs to develop elite talent and the CIAC won’t let them go out of state

Reaction Score
Maria Colon was the best player in Connecticut in her senior year in high school as was Heather Buck. Terrific players but not necessarily elite ones. Connecticut just doesn’t have enough great high school basketball programs to develop elite talent and the CIAC won’t let them go out of state

Poor Heather. I was always rooting for her to find a way to come through. Never happened.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
the Gatorade is a rather political award. The best player doesn’t necessarily win but the best lobbied player has a great chance. I’m not impressed with the Gatorade awards

so is just making all state for the normal athlete.

especially in CT

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom