Gary Wilburn | The Boneyard

Gary Wilburn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We really miss Blidi. Gary Wilburn was just not good. They kept running that 8 - 10 yard sideline pass on his and he had no chance to defend it. Then he allowed the winning touchdown when he actually had good position on the receiver but still could not make a play. He must have allowed 200 yards just on receivers he was covering for the game. He was playing so far off his receiver and rarely challenged him at the line of scrimmage. Its had to believe they don't have anyone else that they could have put in. He just looked so lazy getting in his stance prior to the snap and didn't look like he even wanted to be out there. Lets credit the offense for a great game, its the defense that cost us this game.

Reaction Score
calling out guys like this is bad form.

we all have bad days. there are plenty of issues to address on this team rather than calling out a kid individually on a message board.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I imagine that a number of players could have picked up their game a bit to help out. Our pass rush was suspect during every one of their drives, our LB's & Safeties didn't clog the passing lanes and there were too many missed tackles for my liking (although one is one too manyfor my liking).

This cannot be blamed on one player.

Reaction Score
Brown needs to be called out as much as any player. They didn't look prepared and certainly didn't adjust. Quick slants negated our pressure.

Reaction Score
I'll retract my statement that he individually cost us the game but it was very very frustrating to see WM continuously pick on his side so many times. I'll blame the coaching staff for that as well as many of the DBs were paying way too far off on coverage which is why they kept running those slants and out patterns.

Reaction Score
Moderators please extinguish this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
How can Coach P have any credibility calling Wilburn one of the best athletes on the team when he constantly gets beat deep. He's TOO SLOW for a corner, sorry, great kid but too slow. Randy only played him in the nickel, he simply cannot cover a fast receiver, which results in a 170+ yards receiving for one guy. Please find another game where that happened in the last 5 years, Wilburn makes every receiver look like Randy Moss. Frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom