Gary Parrish Uconn Final talent | The Boneyard

Gary Parrish Uconn Final talent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry, the title should read Final 4 team. I don't know how to edit titles

Reaction Score
Final Four Team? Let's talk about those possibilities after Dec 10 when we've hopefully beaten some quality teams. Pretty confident after UNH yet......

C

Chief00

I had quite the discussion with a basketball person recently about Brimah. They viewed him as an anchor for our defense. Quite frankly, I really think he will be lost without Hamilton's passes to dunk and that will take energy away from other parts of his game.

Reaction Score
I had quite the discussion with a basketball person recently about Brimah. They viewed him as an anchor for our defense. Quite frankly, I really think he will be lost without Hamilton's passes to dunk and that will take energy away from other parts of his game.
this is such a sophomoric view of how a center could impact an offense, they are only good for lob passes huh? he needs to get better at setting screens and cleaning the glass on the defensive end. Not to say that at times, our guards go too early on pnr which confuses the bigs' screening for them, but he's got to lay some wood out there

I really dislike when he attempts to get post position, i don't know what the hell is going on in practice but AB isn't a good post player. There is a reason you rarely see 5's ask for the ball on the block ( unless you're running a horns set or you're marc gasol) in the nba, they are best served in other areas of the game like screening/rolling/passing.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
this is such a sophomoric view of how a center could impact an offense, they are only good for lob passes huh? he needs to get better at setting screens and cleaning the glass on the defensive end. Not to say that at times, our guards go too early on pnr which confuses the bigs screenng for them, but he's got to lay some wood out there.
Might seen sophomoric to you James but please tell me what AB had in his offensive bag of tricks besides the DHam lob?
With the exception of the Coppin St game where they let him do amything he wanted
Now you say "a center" so I guess you aren't addressing AB in particular? - that's fine
Chief00 was talking AB

Reaction Score
Might seen sophomoric to you James but please tell me what AB had in his offensive bag of tricks besides the DHam lob?
With the exception of the Coppin St game where they let him do amything he wanted
Now you say "a center" so I guess you aren't addressing AB in particular? - that's fine
Chief00 was talking AB
offensive bag of tricks? if he sets better screens he can open up the offense for everyone else, he would boost spacing facilitating his effectiveness on dump offs and offensive putbacks. We don't need to be looking at him like a first second third or fourth offensive option.

Reaction Score
this is such a sophomoric view of how a center could impact an offense, they are only good for lob passes huh? he needs to get better at setting screens and cleaning the glass on the defensive end. Not to say that at times, our guards go too early on pnr which confuses the bigs' screening for them, but he's got to lay some wood out there

I really dislike when he attempts to get post position, i don't know what the hell is going on in practice but AB isn't a good post player. There is a reason you rarely see 5's ask for the ball on the block ( unless you're running a horns set or you're marc gasol) in the nba, they are best served in other areas of the game like screening/rolling/passing.
Yea it really drove me crazy seeing how hard he was fighting for low post position in the early goings of the UNH game, this team should not be posting up Amida with him looking to score with his back to the basket. His offense should be limited to lobs, rim running, jumpers, and whatever he can clean up off the offensive glass.

Reaction Score

Pretty sure the majority of the guys on our team are capable of throwing a lob pass to Brimah. Don't understand why you people keep saying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom