Garret pushing Bryant? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Garret pushing Bryant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The whole red shirt thing is silly. You don't have to name him a red shirt at the beginning of the season or anything. If all things go well he'll be eligible to red shirt. If he (and the coaches) wants the year of eligibility (here or somewhere else) then he'll get the red shirt year.

Are they considering Boyle for holding on FG's?

Reaction Score
You are crushing that strawman.

Longneck is 1000% right that he's been mismanaged.

Nobody is calling for him to even be the backup. That they hold hope that he'll be ready to contribute if he's called upon has nothing to do with his zip code - it's because he's kept working and hasn't quit and he may need to play.
He has been mismanaged because we haven't been successful at a pro style offense because offensive line issues.

Reaction Score
He has been mismanaged because we haven't been successful at a pro style offense because offensive line issues.

Offensive line issues have no impact on how Boyle was mismanaged by P, Weist, and Diaco. That is 100% on the coaches.

If you're gonna tell me that OL issues contributed to Boyle's performance, I'd tend to agree a bit.

Reaction Score
Why use up his eligibility if its not needed here this year? Allow him a wider scope in his options going forward yet remain at the ready.

Reaction Score
Why use up his eligibility if its not needed here this year? Allow him a wider scope in his options going forward yet remain at the ready.
Because you have 2 quarterbacks you think are better both of whom will be back (presumably both beat him out t his year) next year plus another one you really like who will be there for 4 years. Better free up the scholarship for someone who might fill a slot you need filled than keep someone around in case we get down to the 3rd or 4th quarterback.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Because you have 2 quarterbacks you think are better both of whom will be back (presumably both beat him out t his year) next year plus another one you really like who will be there for 4 years. Better free up the scholarship for someone who might fill a slot you need filled than keep someone around in case we get down to the 3rd or 4th quarterback.

Then you don't. They're not required to give him a 5th year... even if he's eligible for it. Just don't burn it if you don't need to.

Reaction Score
First, I agree with Jimmy. But as to the original question I wouldn't be at all surprised if Boyle is behind Anderson. They didn't bring him in just to play a numbers game. They brought him into be the backup if he didn't start.

I think it may be more like 2A and 2B, not 1,2,3. Boyle offers a different, pro style skill set/look that has value. It also sounds like he has matured alot, physically and mentally. Having said that I really don't care who plays as long as our best players are on the field. It will all pan out.

Reaction Score
I was trying to dance around the subject Free. If he plays this year he only has one more year of eligibility anywhere.

Reaction Score
Offensive line issues have no impact on how Boyle was mismanaged by P, Weist, and Diaco. That is 100% on the coaches.

If you're gonna tell me that OL issues contributed to Boyle's performance, I'd tend to agree a bit.
I would argue his performance could have been better leading to increased playing time therefore not wasting his years.

Reaction Score
Don't worry about Nova sniffing out our offensive schemes. They'll never find this Sheriffs guy on our roster. "The guy whose name is close to that one" will actually be the starter, but look how I've sent them on a lengthy diversionary escapade!

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Don't worry about Nova sniffing out our offensive schemes. They'll never find this Sheriffs guy on our roster. "The guy whose name is close to that one" will actually be the starter, but look how I've sent them on a lengthy diversionary escapade!

This is Sheriff's player profile picture. Seems legit. Looks older than he is though.

james-best.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate